How to Unlock Hard disk Drive (Fujitsu, Hitachi, Maxtor, Seagate and Others)
||admin · 31376 · · 16-December-2010|
Hardisk Drive manufacturers are getting more innovative. They build hardisk drives more secure. They provide additional options for the users to secure, encrypt or lock their hard drives. Those hard drives have stronger password capability built in. This password is usually stored both in the Hard Disk Controller Chip (the printed circuit on the hard disk) and on the hardisk itself in a special hidden sector. Thus, many softwares in the past that can unlock secured hard disk (password-protected hard drive) are now getting obsolete or outdated because of the more advance security encryption of the latest hard disks.
Unlock Hard Disk Drive Password
You may experience to see an error which brings you to unlock your password-protected hard disk in your desktop computer or laptop. And this happens when you try to install another operating system, try to reformat your computer or when you try to install a software. This is a big trouble when you forgot the password. This might bring you to an end in using your computer because you can never access to start or successfully boot up the operating system of your computer.
So you are now having trouble with your computer or laptop. Don't worry, I'm here to help you unlock the password-protected or simply delete those security-encryption of your hardisk. Just be patient...
How to Unlock Hard disk Drive (Fujitsu, Hitachi, Maxtor, Seagate, Samsung and Others)
You can use any of the following tools: HDD Unlock, MHDD, Darik's Boot And Nuke.
1. HDD Unlock
HDD Unlock Wizard is a user-friendly application which allows you to easily remove HDD password. IDE and SATA hard disk drives are supported. Both User and Master password can be removed.
While unlocking, HDD Unlock Wizard will erase and re-certify the drive. If you need unlocking which is safe to your data, please use A-FF Repair Station
HDD Unlock Wizard supports:
- Unlocking of desktop drives
- Unlocking of X-BOX drives
- Unlocking of 2.5-inch laptop drives
List of supported drives: Seagate, Toshiba, Western Digital, Fujitsu, Maxtor, Samsung
Diagnose your locked hard disk drive for free!
Download HDD Unlock Wizard for Windows 2000/XP
Unlocking of a 80GB HDD takes approximately 25 minutes. 2.5 inch notebook drives need slightly more time.
You can download HDD Unlock here.
MHDD is the most popular freeware program for low-level HDD diagnostics.
MHDD supports these interfaces: IDE, Serial ATA, SCSI. Also there is a possibility to access an USB storage, there are drivers for emulation (USB->SCSI).
This software can make precise diagnostic of the mechanical part of a drive, view SMART attributes, perform Low-level format, bad sector repair, different tests and tens of other functions.
Operating System: pure MS-DOS (boot-floppy and boot-CD available)
You can download MHDD here
3. Darik's Boot And Nuke
Darik's Boot and Nuke ("DBAN") is a self-contained boot disk that securely wipes the hard disks of most computers. DBAN will automatically and completely delete the contents of any hard disk that it can detect, which makes it an appropriate utility for bulk or emergency data destruction. No need to unlock your password-protected hard disk drive. Darik's Boot and Nuke will just delete the contents of the hard disk drive including the enryption firmware.
You can download Darik's Boot And Nuke here.
If any of the following tools doesn't help you unlock your password-protected hardisk drive, you can try to delete those security-encryption data of your hard disk and access or use your hard drive again by using any of the following tools:
Active@ Kill Disk - Hard Drive Eraser
- Active@ KillDisk - Hard Drive Eraser is powerful and compact software that allows you to destroy all data on hard and floppy drives completely, excluding any possibility of future recovery of deleted files and folders. It's a hard drive and partition eraser utility.
If you use FDISK, FORMAT utilities, or DELETE standard operating system command for data removal, there is always a chance to recover deleted files (using undelete or unformat tools) and use against the owner's will. We highly recommend you to run this FREE utility for the hard and floppy drives you want to dispose of, recycle, re-use, sell or donate to somebody.
Active@ KillDisk conforms to US Department of Defense clearing and sanitizing standard DoD 5220.22-M. The most secure Gutmann's data destruction method is also implemented.
Both WIPE and KILL functions support 17 security standards from various countries such as USA, Canada, Germany and others. You can be sure that once you clean up with Active@ KillDisk, sensitive information is purged out forever.
- This is security software for unrecoverable data elimination for any computer capable of booting in DOS mode from floppy or CD/DVD. It uses access to the drive’s data on a physical level via BIOS bypassing logical drive structure organization, thus it does not matter what operating systems and file systems located on the machine.
It can work with DOS, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP / 2000 / NT / XP Professional x64 / XP Home x64/ 2003 Server x64, Linux, Unix for PC etc...
- You can download Active@ KillDisk here.
Partition Magic 8 Pro
- Partition Magic allows you to easily and quickly create, merge, resize and convert workstation hard-disk partitions without destroying data.
With Symantec PartitionMagic Pro, IT professionals can quickly and easily create partitions on desktop hard disks for storing valuable corporate information such as data files, applications, and operating systems. It enables corporations to secure data by physically separating it from other files. Separate partitions also make backups easier.
Whether utilizing the remote agent technology across a TCP/IP connection to copy or move partitions on a computer, or scripting features enabling administrators to change the partitions on a computer simply by running a script, Symantec PartitionMagic Pro is one of the best desktop management products available today.
- Here are some key features of "Partition Magic":
· Divides a single hard drive into two or more partitions
· Lets you safely run multiple operating systems on the same PC
· BootMagic� makes it easy to switch between different operating systems
· Allows you to copy, move, resize, split, or merge partitions as needed without losing data
· How-to wizards guide you step by step through the partitioning process
· Intuitive Windows�-based browser lets you find, copy and paste files in both Windows and Linux� partitions
· Allows you to create and modify partitions up to 300 GB*
· Supports USB 2.0, USB 1.1, and FireWire� external drives**
· Supports FAT, FAT32, NTFS, Ext2, and Ext3 file systems
· Converts partitions among FAT, FAT32, and NTFS without losing data
· Allows you to enlarge an NTFS partition without restarting your computer
· Resizes NTFS system clusters to the most effective size
* Supports operations on partition sizes as large as 300 GB when partition is less than 90% full. Larger hard drives may require additional memory.
** For these devices, operation on partitions with no open files.
- You can download Partition Magic 8 Pro here.
Do you have something to say? Say it in English. Don't spam. Don't use offensive language. Write as if talking to a good friend.
yafet (10-November-2012 4:37 PM)
i would like to get HDD
Fujitsu mhy2160bh firmware
plz plz help
anas (19-December-2010 1:56 AM)
I have a hard Disk there was a program (seagate secure ) of type (maxtor) and I've forgotten my password complemented and I want to solve to open this hard disk ?
We aim to provide accurate and updated information. Please help us improve our article. Contact us here