2012 Search for Outstanding Barkada Kontra Droga (BKD) Chapters in the Schools
The Office of the President through the Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB), in partnership with the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Health and Nutrition Center (HNC) will conduct the 2012 Search for Outstanding Barkada Kontra Droga (BKD) Chapters in the Schools from July to October.
The Search aims to:
- strengthen National Drug Education Program (NDEP) through the Barkada Kontra Droga (BKD) movement established in schools;
- develop skills and understanding among students, faculty and school administrators in initiating active responses, increasing community awareness and participation on drug-free school environment;
- maintain a fully drug-free environment in the school, home, workplace and community;
- support and sustain the services in the BKD adopted concepts among educators, professionals, families, work forces, peer groups, and other sectors; and
- identify best practices of the different BKD Chapters which will serve as models for other schools to implement.
All secondary schools nationwide are encouraged to join the Search. Below is the copy of the guidelines and implementing rules for the Search.
The deadline for submission of entries by level is as follows:
|Division||July 20, 2012|
|Regional||September 21, 2012|
|National||September 28, 2012|
For more information, please contact Ms. Teresita C. Pineda, Chief, Preventive Education, Training, and Information Division (PETID), Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) at telephone no.: (02) 929-6638 or Ms. Ma. Theresa G. Bacud, HNC-DepEd Central Office (CO) at telephone number: (02) 635-9964.
2012 SEARCH FOR THE OUTSTANDING BARKADA KONTRA DROGA (BKD) CHAPTERS IN THE SCHOOLS
- In 2007, Board Regulation No. 5, Series of 2007, was approved and adopted Institutionalizing the "Barkada Kontra Droga" Program. This is consistent with the powers vested to the Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) under Section 77, Art. IX of RA 9165 otherwise known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002, making it the flagship program of the Board.
- Series of launching seminars were conducted as a preventive education and information program and has evolved a nationwide "Barkadahan" concept-a collective action among the students, the youth and the people in the community that would strengthen camaraderie, collaboration, cooperation, solidarity and linkages in their common commitment to attain a drug-free lifestyles wherever they may be.
- Identified convergence areas were provided with intervention programs based on the random drug testing conducted by the Department of Health (DOH) and the Department of Education (DepEd), since a number of schools were identified to have students who turned out positive on drug test.
- To encourage schools/academic institutions to become more actively involved in promoting people empowerment in leading a healthy lifestyle that is drug-free and productive.
- strengthen National Drug Education Program (NDEP) through the Barkada Kontra Droga movement established in schools.
- develop skills and understanding among students, faculty and school administrators in initiating active responses, increasing community awareness and participation on drug-free school environment.
- maintain a fully drug-free environment in the school, home, workplace and community.
- support and sustain the services in the Barkada adopted concepts among educators, professionals, families, work forces, peer groups and other sectors.
- identify best practices of the different BKD Chapters which will serve as model for other chapters to implement.
The Search for the Best BKD Chapter is open to all secondary schools with established BKD Chapter nationwide
The search will be conducted from July to October 2012.
There will be two preliminary search to be conducted at two levels as follows:
- Division Level - The search will be conducted from June to July by the Division Evaluating Theme. The winner will be submitted to the Regional Evaluating Theme
- Regional Level - The search on the regional level will be done from August to
|1. Functionality of the Action on Drug Abuse Prevention||20%|
| a. Objectives||10%|
| b. Activities/Timetable||5%|
| c. Monitoring/Evaluation Scheme||5%|
|2. Coverage and Scope of Implementation||20%|
| a. School-wide Implementation||10%|
| b. Community-wide Implementation only including barangays||10%|
|3. Nature and Extent of Drug Abuse Prevention Activities/Projects Initiated/Implemented/Organized (Indicate number and support with documents)||40%|
| a. INFORMATION - Use of Mass-Media-Print, TV/broadcast, films, slides, presentation, exhibits, etc.)||10%|
| b. EDUCATION - Integration of drug abuse prevention concepts and BKD components in classroom instruction, organizing seminar-workshops on drug abuse prevention, launching seminar of BKD, capability building, etc.)||10% |
| c. INTERVENTION - Provision of guidance and counseling services, peer counseling, referral services, etc.||10% |
| d. ALTERNATIVES - Sports/Athletics, Cultural, Income-Generating, Arts and Crafts, Religious, Civic and other Recreational activities)||10% |
|4. Extent of involvement of the following in terms of providing leadership in program implementation||20%|
| a. Students||5%
| b. Teachers||5%|
| c. School Administrators||4%|
| d. Socio-Civic/religious organizations||2%|
| e. Government officials/agencies||2%|
| f. Non-Government officials/agencies||2%
The decision of the Board of Judges to be composed of noted individuals in collaboration with DepEd, CHED, DILG, NYC and other concerned agencies coming from the government and private sector at the regional and national levels, shall be final and unappealable.
There will be one (1) regional finalist and three (3) national winners: namely 1" Prize, 2nd Prize and 3'd Prize. Regional winners shall compete at the National Level.
Winners at the National Level will be announced and awarded during the celebration of the Drug Abuse Prevention and Control (DAPC) Week on the 2nd week of November.
All entries should be submitted directly to their respective DepEd Division Offices for the Division Level Search. Deadline of entries will be on or before July 20, 2012.
Winners in the Division Level will be submitted to their respective Regional Evaluating Theme on or before September 21, 2012.
The regional winner should be submitted to the Dangerous Drugs Board on or before September 28, 2012.
Selected entries will then be submitted to the Dangerous Drugs Board, the National Secretariat of the BKD.
- Requirements Participating schools are required to fill up an entry form for the Search.
Supporting documents properly endorsed by the School Authorities and should consist of all the materials that show evidence of the school's BKD activities and programs. It can include the following:
- Memoranda, circulars, special orders
- Photos of BKD activities and programs of the school
- Publications of drug related activities
Category: Events | | Date published/updated: 25-July-2012 | |
Use English language when posting comments. Non-english comments will not be published. Don't spam. Don't use offensive language. Write as if talking to a good friend. No textspeak please. (Examples of textspeaks to avoid are plz (for please), u (for you), ty (for thank you), gud, (for good), nyt (for night), etc.)