The Philippine Sports Association for the Differently
Abled-National Paralympic Committee (PHILSPADA-NPC) Philippines and the
Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) will hold the 2012 Philippine Para
National Games on February 1-7, 2012 at the Marikina Sports Center,
The UNESCO International Charter of Physical Education and Sports to which the Philippines is a signatory provides that "Every human being has a fundamental right of access to physical education and sports, which are essential for the full development of his personality. The freedom to develop physical, intellectual and moral powers through physical education and sports must be guaranteed both within the educational system and in other aspects of social life."
Paragraph 1 of DECS Memorandum No. 9, s. 1999 states that,
"Sports and other programs in physical fitness have been identified as one of the areas where the United Nations (UN) Standards and Rule on Equalization of Opportunties and Full Participation of Persons with Disabilities (PWD) can be operationalized. The Sports for All Program provides excellent avenue for the inclusion of PWD in both developmental and competitive sports activity."
The Department of Education (DepEd), in consonance with the mandate of the Philippine Constitution, Republic Act (RA) No. 9155 and the above-described UNESCO International Charter, believes that participation in sports shall be made available to all, the young, the aged, the able and the disabled of both sexes.
Thus, to actively provide an avenue for the fulfillment of the foregoing, all regional directors (RDs), schools division/city superintendents (SDSs) and heads of public and private elementary and secondary schools, special education (SPED) teachers and officials are enjoined to support and participate in this National Games. Attendance to this pa games is on official time only.
The organizers of the national games will provide accommodations to the regional participants while transportation expenses may be sourced from the civic-minded citizens or organizations.
The enclosed primer has been prepared by the PHILSPADA-NPC Philippines and the PSC for this undertaking.
PHILSPADA - NPC-PHILIPPINES
PSC-PHILSPADA NATIONAL GAMES 2012
(Philippine Para National Games)
the Philippine Para National Games will be organized by the Philippine Sports Association for the Differently Abled, National Paralympic Committee of the Philippines (PHILSPADA-NPC Philippines) under the auspices and authority of the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC).
2. DATE AND PLACE:
Date : February 1-7, 20123. SPORT:
Venue : Marikina Sports Complex, Marikina City, Metro Manila
the following sports will be played:
Note 1: depending on the entries, the organizers and the Technical Committee reserve the right to combine/cancelled classes/sports as may be necessary.
- Athletics - played by; OH/Wheelchair/Amputee, Blind, CP, ID Athletes
- Swimming - played by; OH/Wheelchair/Amputee, Blind, CP, ID Athletes
- Table Tennis - played by; OH/Wheelchair/Amputee Athletes
- Powerlifting - played by; OH/Wheelchair/Amputee Athletes
- Badminton - played by; OH/Wheelchair/Amputee Athletes
- Chess - played by; OH/Wheelchair/Amputee, Blind, CP Athletes
- Goalball - played by; Blind Athletes
- Tenpin Bowling - played by; OH/Wheelchair/Amputee, Blind, CP Athletes
- Wheelchair Basketball - played by; Wheelchair Players
Note 2: OH - Orthopedically Handicapped; Blind - Visually Impaired; CP - Cerebral Palsy; ID - Intellectually Disabled
4. SPORT EVENTS:
below are the following sport events of the PARA National Games:
- Men: 100m, 200m, 400m, 1500m, 5000m, 4xlOOm relay, long jump, shot put, discus, javelin
- 100m, 200m, 400m, 1500m, 4xlOOm relay, long jump, shot put, discus, javelin
- Men: 50m Freestyle, 50m Back, 50m Breast, 50m Fly, 100m Freestyle, 100m Back, 100m Breast, 100m Fly, 200m Freestyle, 400m Freestyle
- Women: 50m Freestyle, 50m Back, 50m Breast, 50m Fly 100m Freestyle, 100m Back, 100m Breast, 100m Fly 200m Freestyle, 400m Freestyle
- Table Tennis - ages 14-30 years old only
- Powerlifting - ages 14-40 years old only
- Badminton - apes 14-30 years old only
- Table Tennis: Male & Female: Single, Doubles, Team (Class 1-10)
- Badminton: Male & Female: Single, Doubles, Team
- Male: Up to 48kg, Up to 52kg, Up to 56kg, Up to 60kg, Up to 6705kg, Up to 75kg, Up to 82.5kg, Up to 90kg, Up to 100kg, Over 100kg
- Female: Up to 40kg, Up to 44kg, Up to 48kg, Up to 52kg, Up to 56kg, Up to 60kg, Up to 67.5kg, Up to 75kg, Up to 82.5kg, Over 82.5 kg
- Chess: Male & Female: Single
- Goalball: Male & Female: Open/Mix Category Team (max 4 players/team)
- Tenpin Bowling: Male & Female: Single, Doubles
- Wheelchair Basketball: Male: Team (Team total points not exceed the 14.5 points limit)
the event will be conducted in accordance with the latest competition rules promulgated by IPC sport and each ISF shall be applied to the games. Three (3) individual event and one (1) team sport only are allowed, relay was conceder as a team sport. NO cross event/sports for individual event will be allowed.6. SPORT VENUES:
- Athletics - Marikina Sports Complex
- Swimming - Marikina Sports Complex
- Table Tennis - Marikina Hotel & Convention Center
- Powerlifting - Marikina Sports Complex
- Badminton - Marikina Sports Complex
- Chess - Marikina Hotel & Convention Center
- Goalball - Marikina Sports Complex Gym
- Tenpin Bowling - Sta. Lucia Bowling Center
- Wheelchair Basketball - Marikina Sports Complex Gym
all participants are required to wear sports uniform.8. SCHEDULE:
here are the important date schedule of PARA National Games:
- Arrivals: All Participants must arrive on January 31, 2012
- Classification days: January 31 to February 2, 2012
- All classification will finish by around 12:OOnn on February 2, 2012.
- Technical meeting: February 2, 2012 at around 9:00am.
- Opening ceremony: February 2, 2012
- Competition days: February 3-6, 2012
- Departures: February 7, 2012
The following sports event is open to all PWD athletes who are eligible to play.
8. OFFICIAL ORGANIZER:
- Athletics - ages 14-30 years old only
- Swimming - ages 14-30 years old only
- Table Tennis - ages 14-30 years old only
- Powerlifting - ages 14-40 years old only
- Badminton - ages 14-30 years old only
- Chess - Open to all ages
- Goalball - ages 14-30 years old only
- Tenpin Bowling - ages 14-30 years old only
- Wheelchair Basketball - open
The Official organizer of the PARA National Games 2012 are:
- Philippine Sports Commission (PSC)
- Philippine Olympic Committee (POC)
- PHILSPADA-NPC Philippines
Postal address: Room 101, Building E, PSC-Philsports Complex, Ultra, Pasig City E-mail: email@example.com. CLASSIFIER:
Phone: 2 6364884
Fax: 2 6350375
Contact Person: Mr. Luis Jose B. Arellano, President
The classifiers headed by Dr. Raul Michael Cembrano10. CLASSIFICATION:
All new athletes and athletes who are to have their classification card should be present in time for classification reviewed. This means that all athletes should arrive by 21th October 2011 i.e. the day start for the classification is scheduled. This is very important as athletes not present on time may not be classified and not eligible to compete in the competition.11. PARTICIPATION QUOTAS:
All athletes should bring with them their medical diagnosis and any other medical information relevant to their classification. They should report to classification with these documents, dressed as if they are going to play. All athletes and support staff are expected to cooperate fully in the classification process.
All Delegation Participants of PARA National Games is composed of the following:
13. REGIONAL/PROVINCIAL/MUNICIPAL DELEGATIONS:
- PSC-Philsports Complex, Ultra, Pasig City - PSC, POC, National Team Members, PHILSPADA Officials, NSA's
- PSC-Philsports Complex, Ultra, Pasig City - Regional Participants
- Meals - to the delegates account
- Transportation - from local to Manila and back, to the delegates account
- Free accommodation to all delegates (PSC-Philsports Complex, Ultra, Pasig City - delegations must provide their own sleeping materials and toiletries.
The organizers will provide transportation for teams and officials from and to airport, port, accommodation and venue.15. OBLIGATIONS:
All athletes entered must compete against any other participating athletes and by entering, agree to be bound by the rules and regulations of the organizing committee, Anti-Harassment and Classification policies and procedures during the event. The entry forms contain an undertaking to be signed by a responsible official of the regional delegations and the team member covering these matters and no entry will be accepted unless such an undertaking has been given.16. DOCUMENTS ATTACHED:
Similarly, it is the responsibility of the Delegation, athlete or team member to ensure that he or she has adequate medical clearance to compete.
Together with this Guidelines, attached are the following documents:
16.1 first entry form:
16.1.1 Expression of Interest (EOI)
16.1.2 Entry Form by Number
16.2 second entry form:
16.2.1 Final and team entry forms by name
16.2.2 Arrival/Departure form