|Home » Articles » Health|
It's not an easy job to be a call center agent. Especially if you are assigned in a night shift and working in front of a computer for long period of hours. And most of the call center agents in the Philippines work on the night shift doing telemarketing or inbound customer support. Without a proper and healthy lifestyle, a call center agent might suffer to certain common illness such as anemia, high blood pressure, migraine, ulcer or obesity. To prevent these kind of health imbalances, you can follow these top health tips for a call center agent like you in order to stay healthy and alert and work with a sound mind.
Top Health Tips for Call Center Agents in the Philippines
1. Follow what doctors recommend getting at least 8 hours of sleep. Set a schedule for your sleep time. Turn off your phone and television. Let your family know that this is your preferred time of sleep. They should respect that it's hard for some night shift agents to sleep in the day. Especially in the morning if the kids are awake or the spouse is awake and you might hear some noise outside your house because it's daytime. You can use some fan or play a relaxing music to drown out those noises you've hear outside.
2. To best sleep in your bedroom, try to make it dark as possible by closing the window curtains and turning off the lights. You can also use a sleep mask if you need to.
3. During working hours in the call center office, bring some healthy snacks for your break such as fruits, vegetables, milk, yogurt. Try to avoid sugar and fatty foods because they will make you tired later. Nutritionists say, it's best to eat within an hour of waking up. Just like our mother said, "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day". And that's even if your breakfast happens to be at 2pm or whatever time you actually wake up.
4. Avoid drinking too much coffee and caffeinated beverages before you sleep. The left-over caffeine in your system can make you hard to sleep.
5. Get energy from light exercise or movement in the office. When you feel sleepy in a call center, do some jumping jack or stretching. Do anything that get your body in motion. Hopefully, your call center isn't too strict when you move around.
6. Drink plenty of water.
7. Take vitamins such as:
If you know other health tips that are best suited for call center agents, please share to us by dropping it in the comment below.
|Total comments: 2|