The LRMDS is a web-based catalogue and on-line repository of learning, teaching, and professional-development resources. It has four (4) integrated sub-systems, namely: (i) assessment and evaluation; (ii) development, acquisition, and production; (iii) storage and maintenance; and (iv) publication and delivery which are designed to support increased distribution and access to learning, teaching, and professional-development resources at the regional, division, and school levels. It includes the following:
- information on quantity, quality, and location of textbooks and supplementary materials, and other teaching-learning resources;
- access to learning, teaching, and professional development resources in digital format; and
- standards, specifications, and guidelines for four (4) subsystem.
To ensure the smooth and sustainable implementation of the LRMDS, the Task Force that will serve as interim DepEd unit for the implementation of the LRMDS is organized which composed of the following members:
- Directors of the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE), Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE), and Bureau of Alternative Learning System (BALS);
- Directors of the Instructional Materials Council Secretariat (IMCS), Educational Development Project Implementing Task Force (EDPITAF) and Information and Communication Technology Unit-Technical Service (ICTU-TS);
- Technical Advisers provided by the Australian Agency for International Development (AUSAID) through the Support to Enhancement and Mainstreaming of Innovations and Technologies (SEMIT); and
- LRMDS representatives from Regions VI, VII, VIII, XI and CAR.
- develop a 2011-2012 detailed work plan based on the LRMDS transition plan to support phased implementation and operation of LRMDS within the DepEd;
- determine the requirements (organizational, physical, infrastructure, capacity development, and advocacy) for phased national implementation of the LRMDS;
- develop a detailed plan to operationalize the LRMDS nationally including the phased implementation of the four LRMD subsystems within all regions, divisions, and schools;
- ensure access to the LRMDS repository by all fifty-seven (57) priority divisions; and
- implement LRMDS within the regions and divisions provided with LRMD Centers under the Support to Philippine Basic Education Reform (SPHERE) grant by December 2011.
The DepEd officials and field personnel are enjoined to register at http://Irmds.deped.gov.ph in order to access the LRMDS portal. The Registration is authenticated within twenty-four (24) hours.