National Adoption and Implementation of the Learning Resources Management & Development System (LRMDS)
The Department of Education (DepEd) advocates the adoption and
implementation of the Learning Resources Management and Development
System (LRMDS) pursuant to the implementing rules and regulations of
Republic Act No. 9155 and to support the organization of Key Reform
Thrust (KRT) 3 of the Basic Education Sector Reform Agenda (BESRA).
The LRMDS Framework serves as the policy instrument for the implementation and ongoing operation of LRMDS at all levels of DepEd. It is supported by guidelines and process documents for all sub-systems, a quality assurance framework, standards and specifications (e.g., educational, technical, intellectual property rights, accessibility, metadata), and training programs.
The LRMDS is a web-based catalogue and on-line repository of learning, teaching, and professional-development resources. It has four (4) integrated sub-systems, namely: (i) assessment and evaluation; (ii) development, acquisition, and production; (iii) storage and maintenance; and (iv) publication and delivery which are designed to support increased distribution and access to learning, teaching, and professional-development resources at the regional, division, and school levels. It includes the following:
The LRMDS serves as a clearinghouse that provides information about the location of resources (hardcopy and softcopy) and allows users to directly access digitized versions of resources published and stored within the LRMDS repository. It is also a quality assurance system that provides support to DepEd regions, divisions, and schools in the selection and acquisition of quality digital and non-digital resources in response to identified local educational needs.
- information on quantity, quality, and location of textbooks and supplementary materials, and other teaching-learning resources;
- access to learning, teaching, and professional development resources in digital format; and
- standards, specifications, and guidelines for four (4) subsystem.
To ensure the smooth and sustainable implementation of the LRMDS, the Task Force that will serve as interim DepEd unit for the implementation of the LRMDS is organized which composed of the following members:
The Task Force will perform the following functions:
- Directors of the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE), Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE), and Bureau of Alternative Learning System (BALS);
- Directors of the Instructional Materials Council Secretariat (IMCS), Educational Development Project Implementing Task Force (EDPITAF) and Information and Communication Technology Unit-Technical Service (ICTU-TS);
- Technical Advisers provided by the Australian Agency for International Development (AUSAID) through the Support to Enhancement and Mainstreaming of Innovations and Technologies (SEMIT); and
- LRMDS representatives from Regions VI, VII, VIII, XI and CAR.
The LRMDS will be nationally rolled out to provide access to existing DepEd teaching, learning, and professional-development materials starting October 2011. Hence, the priority is to upload and publish all existing DepEd-developed materials and foreign-assisted project (FAP) resources for access by regions, divisions, and schools.
- develop a 2011-2012 detailed work plan based on the LRMDS transition plan to support phased implementation and operation of LRMDS within the DepEd;
- determine the requirements (organizational, physical, infrastructure, capacity development, and advocacy) for phased national implementation of the LRMDS;
- develop a detailed plan to operationalize the LRMDS nationally including the phased implementation of the four LRMD subsystems within all regions, divisions, and schools;
- ensure access to the LRMDS repository by all fifty-seven (57) priority divisions; and
- implement LRMDS within the regions and divisions provided with LRMD Centers under the Support to Philippine Basic Education Reform (SPHERE) grant by December 2011.
The DepEd officials and field personnel are enjoined to register at http://Irmds.deped.gov.ph in order to access the LRMDS portal. The Registration is authenticated within twenty-four (24) hours.
Category: Philippine Government | | Date published/updated: 04-October-2011 | |
Use English language when posting comments. Non-english comments will not be published. Don't spam. Don't use offensive language. Write as if talking to a good friend. No textspeak please. (Examples of textspeaks to avoid are plz (for please), u (for you), ty (for thank you), gud, (for good), nyt (for night), etc.)