The Association of Science Educators in the Philippines (ASEP) will conduct the 11th National Science Quest on February 7-9, 2014 at the Pedro Guevarra Memorial National High School, Sta. Cruz, Laguna.
The competition aims to promote academic excellence in Science through camaraderie competition and sportsmanship.
The participants in the different categories are the following:
|Science Quiz and Sci-Dama|
- Regional first and second place winners of pupils (Grades III-VI) and students (First-Fourth Year Levels). Sci-Dama elementary parents and teachers will be assigned as the water patrol while for secondary parents and teachers will be assigned in Electro Sci-Dama from both public and private schools. The Techno Quiz by level from both elementary and secondary public and private division and regional winners
- First and second place winners of individual and group categories for Grades III, IV, V, VI and the first and second place regional winners of individual and group categories, Clusters 1 and 2 for secondary private schools
|Science Intervention Materials (SIM) and Science Investigatory Projects (SIP)|
- Division first and second place winners for elementary and secondary teachers and students from both public and private schools
|On-the-Spot Painting and Collage Making|
- Division first and second place winners for Grades I-VI andFirst to Fourth Year Levels and teachers from both public and private schools
|Elementary and Secondary Robotics Dance, Sci-Cheer, Jingle Making and Tugsayawit/Sayawit|
- First and second place regional/division winners (with Science implications)
|Sci-ModTech, Sci-Folkdance, Creative Sci-Modeling, Sci-Writing and Sci-Impromptu Speaking|
- Regional/Division first and second place winners from both elementary and secondary public and private schools
|Ginoo at Binibining Kalikasan Search|
- First place regional/division winners from both elementary and secondary public and private schools
Coaches, advisers, regional and division supervisors, principals, school heads, assistant chiefs, schools division/city superintendents (SDSs), assistant schools division/city superintendents (ASDSs), and other science enthusiasts are invited to attend this activity.
Participation of both public and private schools shall be subject to the no-disruption-of-classes policy as stipulated in DepEd Order No. 9, s. 2005 entitled Instituting Measures to Increase Engaged Time-on-Task and Ensuring Compliance Therewith.
All regional Science supervisors and ASEP officers shall be at the venue on February 7, 2014 for the finalization of Terms of Reference (TOR).
More information may be inquired from Dr. Fruit R. Godoy, President, Association of Science Educators of the Philippines (ASEP) or Dr. Aurora A. Franco, Vice President at mobile phone nos.: 0910-238-6773; 0919-656-4666; 0920-763-2836.