The Every Child A Reader Program (ECARP) is allotted the Funds for
the Fiscal Year (FY) 2011 the amount of Twenty One Million, Thirty-Four
Thousand Pesos (PhP21,034,000.00). This shall be utilized to support
the implementation of Reading Recovery (RR) and the administration of
Philippine Informal Reading Inventory (Phil-IRI) together with the
development of the Philippine Word Lists in English (PWLE) for Grades
I-III Pupils. Enclosed is the description of the ECARP and its
implementation components like RR, Phil-IRI and the PWLE.
The following are the guidelines on the utilization of the downloaded funds to the regions.
- Support funds amounting to Eight Million Five Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP8,500.000.00) shall be downloaded to Regions I, III, IV-CALABARZON, V, VI, XI, National Capital Region (NCR) and Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) to augment expenses for the implementation of RR. Each of these regions shall receive the amount specified:
- Each of these regions shall utilize said amount for the following activities:
- setting-up of the Regional Reading Recovery Centers (RRRCs) following the international guidelines; refurbishment of existing vacant rooms in the regions is highly recommended, not construction of new structures;
- expenses on teachers' training such as supplies and materials, food and allowable transportation costs of teachers and some pupils;
- expenses for visits to schools of teachers-in-training, colleague visits and other monitoring visits related to the implementation of RR both in the region and national;
- conduct of advocacy activities;
- management and maintenance of a database;
- procurement of story books for children;
- assistance to schools implementing RR; and
- production and distribution of Phil-IRI assessment tools which should not exceed more than ten percent (10%) of the total downloaded fund.
The ECARP overall budget amounting to PhP21,034,000.00 is allotted to conduct the following activities:
- The allotted amount shall be released to the offices concerned through the Sub-Allotment Release Order (Sub-ARO) by the Budget Division, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office.
- The regions shall be accountable for the disbursement and liquidation of funds. A Statement of Expenditure following the required accounting and auditing procedures shall be submitted to the Chief of the Accounting Division, DepEd Central Office, copy furnished the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE).
- Accomplishment report reflecting the Regional Development Plan (RDP) and School Improvement Plans (SIPS) citing activities for RR shall be submitted to the BEE Director for the ensuing years.
For more information, please contact the Curriculum Development Division, Bureau of Elementary Education (CDD-BEE), DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no.: (02) 638-4799.
|Implementation of RR|
|1||Downloading of funds to support the implementation of the Reading Recovery in Eight (8) regions, namely:|
Regions I, III, IV-CALABARZON, V, VI, XI, NCR and CAR)
|2||Procurement of equipment and furniture for the National and Regional Reading Recovery Centers subject to the approval of fund conversion||500,000.00|
|3||Procurement of story books for children and teachers training reference materials||7,800,000.00|
|4||Tutor Development Week and Visit of New Zealand Reading Recovery Trainers||1,700,000.00|
|5||Leveling of Children's Story Books||800,000.00|
|6||Monitoring and technical assistance||300,000.00|
|Development of the PWLE|
|7||Inventory of frequently used words in English textbooks||150,000.00|
|8||Field validation of word lists||236,400.00|
|9.||Finalization of the word lists||150,000.00|
|Refinement of the Phil-IRI|
|10||Refinement/Development of new items/passages in English and Filipino||176,100.00|
|11||Validation and field testing of the new items||375,000.00|
|12||Refinement of the Manual and its equivalent forms||136,100.00|
|13||Refinement of Phil-IRI Database System||210,400.00|
|Grand Total: ||PhP21,034,000.00|