E-TRIKE (Electric Tricycle) DESIGN CONTEST
The Department of Energy (DOE) will conduct the E-Trike (Electric Tricycle) Design Contest with the theme "Bright Now! Do Right. Be Bright. Go-E-Trike!”
The Contest aims to promote the innovation and ingenuity of the
Filipinos in creating the Philippine version of the so-called "green
The contest is open to all Filipino citizens of legal age (18 years old
and above) whether individual or group residing in the Philippines. The
contestant/s must generate 2D and 3D computer-aided drawings (AutoCAD)
of the best aesthetic and functional design for the future Philippine
The entries should feature a design that can accommodate a maximum of
six (6) passengers excluding the driver. It must also be a three
(3)-wheeled electric vehicle. Examples of three-wheeled electric
vehicles can be seen below:
E-Trikes Designs at different cities in the Philippines
You can read the Contest Guidelines below:
The deadline for submission of entries is on February 17, 2012.
For more information, interested individuals or groups may contact the
DOE at any of the following telephone nos.: (02) 840-2214 or (02)
479-2900 local 209.
NATIONWIDE E-TRIKE DESIGN CONTEST GUIDELINES
- Generate 2D and 3D computer-aided drawings of the best aesthetic and functional design for the future Philippine E-trike look (AutoCAD).
- Showcase modern tricycle innovation.
- Adopt the winning E-trike designs in the implementation of the E-trike Project.
Bright Now! Do Right. Be Bright. Go E-trike!Basic Design Parameters
- Maximum of six (6) passengers excluding the driver
- Must be a three (3)-wheeled electric vehicle. Examples of three-wheeled electric vehicles can be viewed at DOE website, www.doe.gov.ph. These three-wheeled electric vehicles are deployed in some LGUs and are shown to provide easy reference to the design contestants. However, please note that for the design contest, all designs to be submitted must be original, new and have not been used for commercial or demonstration purposes.
- Open to all Filipino citizens of legal age (18 years old and above), whether individual or group residing in the Philippines
- Eligible participant must:
- Fill-up completely the Official Registration Form.
- Produce 2D and 3D CAD drawings of the E-trike design using AutoCAD software with corresponding design description.
- Submit entry in both CD and hardcopy (A3 size) and enclose in a sealed envelope.
- Personally submit or send by courier the design entry, accompanied by completely filled-up Official Registration Form and duly notarized Oath of Ownership of the submitted design, not later than 4pm of February 17, 2012, to:
Nationwide E-trike Design Contest,
c/o Energy Utilization Management Bureau
Department of Energy
Merritt Road, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City 1631
- Submit only one (1) entry.
Selection of Winners
- The design entry must be original and new and have not been used for commercial or demonstration purposes.
- The design entry must not have the name or logo or similar markings, of the participating individual, school or establishment.
- All entries submitted to and received by the DOE-Energy Utilization Management Bureau within the submission period are considered final.
- All submitted entries will be coded for anonymity and impartiality during the evaluation.
- All employees of the DOE, members of the selection and judging committees and their relatives up to the 2nd degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the contest.
- Final judging will be on February 24, 2012 at the DOE Head Office located at Energy Center, Merritt Road, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City.
- Top 10 winners will be notified either through telephone, email or registered mail
- The top 3 winning entries will automatically become the exclusive property of DOE and may be used, copied, reproduced and/or printed by DOE into any size or medium for exhibition, advertising, promotion or any other purpose.
- Winners are required to attend the awarding ceremony on a date and venue to be announced later.
- Winners must present the following documents to be able to claim their prize: any two valid original I.D. (birth certificate, passport, driver's license or SSS/GSIS ID), and DOE notification letter. All prizes are non-transferable.
- All prizes not claimed after sixty (60) days from receipt of notification letter shall be forfeited.
Criteria for Judging
- All design entries shall be screened and evaluated bases on conformity with the Official Contest Rules.
- Top Ten entries shall be shorlisted for further evaluation by the Board of Judges.
- The decision of the Board of Judges is final and non-appealable.
50% - Aesthetic/CreativityPrizes
20% - Originality/Innovation (LTO to provide a simplified safety checklist)
10% - Ergonomic (Ease of passenger entry - accessibility, space requirements, total passenger comfort)
There will be ten (10) awardees to be chosen:For question, please contact DOE at Telephone numbers: 8402214 or 4792900 local 209 (www.doe.gov.ph)
- Top three (3) winners will:
- Receive P200,000 each
- Be acknowledged at the DOE official website www.doe.gov.ph
- Have their designs for possible adoption in the E-Trike Project of the DOE
- Seven (7) consolation prizes to receive P50,000 each.
This article was written by admin
under the Technology
category. It has been viewed
times and generated 1
comments. The article was created on 02-February-2012