Home » Questions » Goods and Services [ Ask a new question ]

My phone overheated and won't turn on, what do I do?

My phone overheated and won't turn on, what do I do?

I left my phone outside in my car by accedent, now it overheated and won't turn on, what do I do?

Asked by: Guest | Views: 151
Total answers/comments: 6
bert [Entry]

Sage Jurado, remove your battery and check on it. See if it shows any deformity. It is very unlikely that you damaged the logic board, most likely it is the battery that failed. I'd suggest that you replace the battery and re-evaluate from there. Hope this helps, good luck.
bert [Entry]

Try letting it cool down. Then try turning it on in several hours.
bert [Entry]

"Dovie Thomas



Rep: 25




3


1"
bert [Entry]

This happened to me this afternoon, my phone is in my bag and then my friend called, when i hold the phone it is hot then suddenly turned off/black background then i press the lock button for a long time but nothing happened, i hard reset it then it turned on. I read an article about the phone will turned off when overheated to avoid accidents.
bert [Entry]

"Please be advised that myself, nor this web page can be held responsible for damage to any device, should an attempt at repairing one's own device fail. Always make sure to consider hiring a professional repair shop to fix your device for you.

Diagnostic steps for not charging:

1) Check for a blocked port (Lint build up can keep a cord from fitting in properly. if the frame of the plug is not flush with the device, using small tweezers, and being careful not to damage pins, pry out any dust or lint.

1) Try a Known Functional Cord. (Works on another device)

2) Excite the battery: Hit the + and - of the battery with an external power supply for approximately 10 minutes. (Be sure to verify you are using the amperage and voltage that the battery can handle. (Located on the battery with the specs.)

If the device boots, then the battery is functional, and you can continue forward with your diagnostics.

3) Scan board, and Flex circuits for physical damage. Looking for signs of blown or chipped components. Scorch marks, or corners of components broken off. Replace as needed, and test again. A 10X+ microscope assists very well in this stage

4) at this point, plug in the device again, and check if it charges. if it isn't, then go forward with replacing the charge port itself.

5) if replacing the charge port does not fix the issue, then you are experiencing an IC or board failure, in which case, it will just be better to replace the device.

---I hope this guide has helped you in your diagnosis."
bert [Entry]

"Bryant Bergot Sr.



Rep: 13




1"