red circle with red x
when I turn it on I get a red X inside a red circle and the thing (hard drive?) is clicking. I sent it to service centr they said it got wet. It didnt. ButI had it secured to the dash of my car with a magnet. I think this is what damaged it. Any help? Thanks in advance
"first of all - never ever use a magnet in combination with anything that has some kind of memory in it - the magnet could erase it.
as for the fluid damage - look inside the headphone jack - is it red or white ?
the clicking comes from the hard drive - there are ways to fix it
one of those things is ""smack the iPod"" (click)
i would try that first - resotring would normally be the recommended step - but since the drive clicks - it would make not much sense"