"B. Answer the following questions:
1. How do function models differ from mathematical models?
2. How do you write function models? Give at least 3 examples.
3. A box with length x + 1, width x+3, and height x-3 is made. Write the volume
V of the box as a function of x.
4. An 8 by 11-inch photograph is in a frame of width x. Write the area A of the
frame alone as a function of x.
5. Suppose a firm manufactures radios and sells them for ₱200 each. The fixed
costs incurred in the production and sale of the radios is ₱200,000 plus a
variable cost of ₱50 for each radio produced and sold. Let x be the number
of units produced and sold.
a. The total cost for a business is the sum of the variable cost and the fixed cost.
Write the total cost C as a function of the number of units produced.
b. Write the revenue R as a function of the number of units sold.
c. Write the profit P as a function of the number of units of sold, where P=R-C"