"There are many superstitious beliefs about the heavenly bodies. These includes:
1. Seeing a shooting star bring bad luck in India, but good luck in western countries.
2. Eclipses are still a cause of concern in India, and are supposed to bring bad luck.
3. No food is taken during an eclipse and all cooked food is thrown away and fresh food cooked after the eclipse is over.
4. Money and food grains are given in charity to mittigate the evil effects of an eclipse.
5. A pregnant woman is not allowed to sleep during an eclipse for fear that if she slept the baby would be born with a dfect, pregnant women spend the whole night sitting on the ground during a lunar eclipse."