• Page 1 of 1
Forum » Inspirations » Motivational / Great Quotes » Quotations about Anger
Quotations about Anger
jemzkieDate: Wednesday, 23 March 2011, 11:04 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Banned
Awards: 6
Reproofs: 0%
If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size? ~Sydney J. Harris

There is nothing more galling to angry people than the coolness of those on whom they wish to vent their spleen. ~Alexandre Dumas

Life is too short to hold a grudge, also too long. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness. ~Author Unknown

Anger is one letter short of danger. ~Author Unknown

Anger ventilated often hurries toward forgiveness; and concealed often hardens into revenge. ~Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing. ~Will Rogers

Never write a letter while you are angry. ~Chinese Proverb

Get mad, then get over it. ~Colin Powell

The world needs anger. The world often continues to allow evil because it isn't angry enough. ~Bede Jarrett

Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight. ~Phyllis Diller, Phyllis Diller's Housekeeping Hints, 1966

In certain trying circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer. ~Mark Twain

Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die. ~Malachy McCourt

Take no revenge that you have not pondered beneath a starry sky, or on a canyon overlook, or to the lapping of waves and the mewing of a distant gull. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

If you kick a stone in anger, you'll hurt your own foot. ~Korean Proverb

Anger as soon as fed is dead -
'Tis starving makes it fat.
~Emily Dickinson

Not the fastest horse can catch a word spoken in anger. ~Chinese Proverb

Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools. ~Albert Einstein

No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched. ~George Jean Nathan

Anger is short-lived madness. ~Horace

Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love. ~George Eliot

If you're angry at a loved one, hug that person. And mean it. You may not want to hug - which is all the more reason to do so. It's hard to stay angry when someone shows they love you, and that's precisely what happens when we hug each other. ~Walter Anderson, The Confidence Course, 1997

Do not teach your children never to be angry; teach them how to be angry. ~Lyman Abbott

Anger blows out the lamp of the mind. ~Robert G. Ingersoll

Sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel. ~Author Unknown

Spite is never lonely; envy always tags along. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Always write angry letters to your enemies. Never mail them. ~James Fallows

At the core of all anger is a need that is not being fulfilled. ~Marshall B. Rosenberg

Anger and folly walk cheek by jole. ~Benjamin Franklin

Temper tantrums, however fun they may be to throw, rarely solve whatever problem is causing them. ~Lemony Snicket

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to. ~Author Unknown

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~Buddha

Malice drinks one-half of its own poison. ~Seneca

Anger is a killing thing: it kills the man who angers, for each rage leaves him less than he had been before - it takes something from him. ~Louis L'Armour

Never strike your wife - even with a flower. ~Hindu Proverb

Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. ~Ambrose Bierce

When angry, count four; when very angry, swear. ~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson, 1894

Anger is a bad counselor. ~French Proverb

Resentment is an extremely bitter diet, and eventually poisonous. I have no desire to make my own toxins. ~Neil Kinnock

The worst-tempered people I've ever met were people who knew they were wrong. ~Wilson Mizner

To carry a grudge is like being stung to death by one bee. ~William H. Walton

The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk. ~Jacqueline Schiff

When a man sends you an impudent letter, sit right down and give it back to him with interest ten times compounded, and then throw both letters in the wastebasket. ~Elbert Hubbard

Consider how much more you often suffer from your anger and grief, than from those very things for which you are angry and grieved. ~Marcus Antonius

Forum » Inspirations » Motivational / Great Quotes » Quotations about Anger
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: