[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AffordableCebu.com Lobby » Current Events » Ted Williams Story: Homeless But Not Voiceless
Ted Williams Story: Homeless But Not Voiceless
adminDate: Thursday, 06 January 2011, 2:33 PM | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
Ted Williams Story: Homeless But Not Voiceless

Ted Williams, the homeless man who became an internet sensation for his 'radio voice', has been prevented from flying to New York.

Mr Williams, 53, was attempting to board a flight from Ohio to New York to visit his 92-year-old mother after years apart.

But officials in Ohio's airport said that he did not have the correct identification to make the journey.

Mr Williams spent Wednesday afternoon at a courthouse in an attempt to secure the proper documents, according to TMZ.com. He was due to be interviewed on The Today Show on Thursday morning.

Until two days ago, Mr Williams was a former drug addict sleeping rough on the streets of Columbus, Ohio.

He earned a living standing on the street with a sign claiming he had a "God-given gift of voice", and would speak to people in exchange for a dollar.

Mr Williams, a father of nine, had spiralled into alcohol and drugs, eventually losing his home.

But a local newspaper showcased his "golden radio voice" and became an internet hit, with job offers flooding in for the former radio announcer.

"This has been totally, totally amazing," Mr Williams said in a phone interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday. "I'm just so thankful. God has blessed me so deeply. I'm getting a second chance. Amazing."

Here's a short video presenting Ted Williams:

Forum » AffordableCebu.com Lobby » Current Events » Ted Williams Story: Homeless But Not Voiceless
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: