[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AffordableCebu.com Lobby » Health, Beauty & Fitness » How to Overcome Shyness
How to Overcome Shyness
Dukeza_GrazildaDate: Tuesday, 25 January 2011, 11:52 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Checked
Awards: 13
Reproofs: 0%
Hi guys! biggrin this is Dukeza_Grazilda...I will share this article to you I find it helpful for those people who are having difficulty in their shyness habits..I do hope this will encourage and will help people to boast their confidence... smile
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you remember what it was like giving a speech in elementary school in front of the whole class? Your mouth was dry, you were constantly fidgeting and you had major butterflies in your stomach.

For many people this condition can often extend into adulthood. Perhaps you are hesitant to make a phone call or approach someone to ask for directions. Sometimes this can hinder you more than help you.

Today I want to share 7 little known ways to overcome shyness:

1. People don’t bite

People cannot read your mind. A lot of the time when you want something you need to ask. You will find that most of the time they are friendlier than you expected.

They might even surprise you and politely say “you should have said something!” Often the more we dwell on a situation the scarier it becomes.

2. Think of the consequences

Sometimes when you don’t act there are consequences to suffer. For example, what if you need something to do your job from your boss but are too shy to ask? It could come back to haunt you.

Or let’s say the telephone rings and you don’t pick up the phone because you don’t recognize the number. You then look it up only to discover that it was a really great company that you had submitted your resume to. You call back and leave a message but never hear from them again.

Getting out of your comfort zone can often make life easier than if you don’t act at all.

3. What is the worst that can happen?

Most of the time the longer you wait the worse a perceived circumstance will become in your mind. You will find that most things you worry about never happen. We can often let our imagination run wild.

And if the situation doesn’t go as planned so what? As long as you are kind it is not your problem. It is their problem. If you say hello and smile most people will do the same thing back. You reap what you sow.

4. Realize that life is too short

If you are waiting for that guy or gal to ask you out it might never happen. However, if you approach them it just might happen.

Missed opportunities can be one of the hardest pills to swallow. It can take a long time to get over and the situation will often replay in your mind over and over again.

In contrast, if you do act in a timely manner after careful deliberation there will be no regrets.

5. Break the ice

There is a difference between being shy and quiet. It is hard for others to tell that when you first meet them. Going out of your way to talk to someone you first meet will create a much better first impression.

Often at times other people are waiting for you to talk to them. Why? Because they are shy too! It can often help to break the ice and you will find that overall your interactions with people will be more pleasant.

6. Get out of your comfort zone

This can be a very hard task but you will find that the experience will be very rewarding. Try and do something that you would normally never do.

You could try speaking up at your next company meeting, volunteering for a charity or becoming more active in your church. Activities like this will help to boost your confidence.

7. Practice makes perfect smile

The more you try and overcome shyness the more confidence you will have. The more confidence you have the easier it will become to continue behaving in a like manner.

If you find that you struggle with shyness try thinking about and applying some of the techniques in this article. They helped me and I am sure they will help you too! cranky :cranky: cranky
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

p.s. If you have comments or suggestion you can post a reply so that we can do some other ideas and discuss it to the group..I bet your ideas are more interesting....Thank you.. biggrin

@--Dukeza_Grazilda----@

source: Written by Randy McLean. Randy self development tips designed to improve your health, wealth, and happiness.

Message edited by Dukeza_Grazilda - Tuesday, 25 January 2011, 11:54 PM

adminDate: Wednesday, 26 January 2011, 9:36 AM | Message # 2
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
Mao nay giingon nga importante jud ang magpabaga ug face bisan asa nga field.

Great People said:

It seems to me that people have vast potential. Most people can do extraordinary things if they have the confidence or take the risks. Yet most people don't. They sit in front of the telly and treat life as if it goes on forever.
- Philip Adams

If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.
- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Forum » AffordableCebu.com Lobby » Health, Beauty & Fitness » How to Overcome Shyness
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: