[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AffordableCebu.com Lobby » Religion » Most violated commandment (From the 10 which is most violated)
Most violated commandment
JoelVasquezDate: Monday, 11 July 2011, 9:53 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Checked
Awards: 22
Reproofs: 0%
I suppose 80% of the viewers are of the so called "christian" religion - which of the 10 commandments do you think is the most violated commandment day in and day out? Ano say mo?

adminDate: Monday, 11 July 2011, 10:07 PM | Message # 2
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
I can't memorize all the commandments. Might be helpful to post the complete list of the "Ten Commandments".:

1. you shall have no other gods before me

2. You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me, but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.

3. You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.

4. Remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy.

5. Honour your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

6. You shall not murder.

7. You shall not commit adultery.

8. You shall not steal.

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.

10. You shall not covet your neighbour’s house; you shall not covet your neighbour’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour.
=================================================

I think it's the first commandment. God emphasized the first one and made it the first because people tend to forget God or create another god of their own. Some people tend to forget God when they experience great helplessness and hardships in life. They tend bad influences or evil deeds takeover their lives. And some people create another god or make themselves god because of great success they achieve and because of the overflowing of fruits of their labors.

I don't know for sure. If I'm wrong, what could be the most violated commandment among them?

JoelVasquezDate: Wednesday, 03 August 2011, 8:16 PM | Message # 3
Major general
Group: Checked
Awards: 22
Reproofs: 0%
Khen,
Thank you for your print out of the rules.

Rules 1 to 4 is all for God. And I know I have transgressed many of these as well. Rule 5 is an "interface" to God. Giving value and importance to our parents - That means. no matter how we say through lip-service and prayers - that we love you Lord, praise to your Lord, etc., etc., we could be B.S. Him; as proof of the pudding-so to speak is how we respond to our "parents" - as they are God's interface. Hence, disobedient to parents - boils down to disobedient to God. We bring honor to our parents makes God proud of us. As mentioned in the bible, this is my "son", of whom I am well pleased. - that means, "performance" is being looked into.

Rules 6 to 10 is all about our relationship with neighbors, friends, etc., -- JC simplified this as saying that the two greatest commandment is love of God and Neighbor... So basically there are only two - commandments. Nevertheless, there are implementing guidelines - what is included or excluded perhaps..

Rules 1 to 5 for many or most of us is very very difficult to comply. Rules 6 to 10, guidelines are lighter - but cannot be disregarded, just like "adultery" - as JC said, better to lose that eye than lose your soul- that is how heavy very very heavy the penalty is.

Going back to the relevance of all these rules with regards to our daily life and that which we encounter - indeed the first set is already violated - and starts with rule 1.

Perhaps it would be interesting to make a poll and canvass which exactly is the 2nd most interesting, but from what I see ( You may dis-agree) that the next most popular violation is the 9th commandment - thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor.. watch the news,-media print/tv and the chizmis and the favorite Filipino pastime... Look at what happens to our court of law's there is always one accusing another, because if we were really practicing the teachings/rules - there would be no need for lawyers(liers) and waste so much time, money and effort. Ano say mo?

Added (03-August-2011, 8:16 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Day in and day out - the news is often about the misery, corruption, greed, lust and lust of power, poverty, scams and almost everything gone haywire. We are a country supposedly of "christians" but what we see everyday is not what the values and teachings we are brought up with and lead to believe. After that we have floods, typhoons-storms battering our one and only country. Good thing we are in Cebu - far from where most of these issues mentioned arise. So far, we are doing okey except for the flood-which is self-induced as a result of poor leadership visionaries.

All these misery, poverty and hopelessness is because 60% of us remain in their comfort zone - and as long we remain in our comfort zone, there would be no future for this country.

Forum » AffordableCebu.com Lobby » Religion » Most violated commandment (From the 10 which is most violated)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: