[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AffordableCebu.com Lobby » Health, Beauty & Fitness » You are what you eat (Your health depends on what you eat)
You are what you eat
JoelVasquezDate: Saturday, 09 July 2011, 10:23 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Checked
Awards: 22
Reproofs: 0%
90% of the illnesses and diseases that are common today are because of what we eat and what we don't eat. Many years ago there was this "balanced diet" thing of the four food groups, now "medical science" has changed that into a pyramid structure - grouping, what has to be eaten more and eaten less as defined in its' position in the pyramid. It seems that for thousands of years, medical science has still not learned about the human body and the diseases.

China has no understanding of bacteria-infection thousand of years ago, but ony understand about the harmony and balance of nature. Everthing was explained in terms of excess and lacking and to restore health is to restore the balance. No one talked about anti-biotics, viruses, bacteria in China. The focus is on maintaining the balance - yin and yang.

In other words, what we eat and what we do not eat causes the imbalance and to restore the balance we should eat more of what we do not eat and eat less of what we are used to eating.

There is no doubt about the presence of bacteria, viruses, germs etc., but when the system is balanced, there is not one bacteria that is happy or unhappy. Think of these like human beings - when wealth is well distributed and ever one is happy then there is no need to steal and kill. But when wealth is not evenly distributed, some people will killl and steal - these people becomes the bad bacteria, or that is the mutation of the good to the bad.

Anything when used and abused also turns to bad things, like the diseases that caused all these STD-sexually transmitted diseases, are all caused by man's indescretion. Another violation of the law-commandment.

So next time you eat think about the good and bad bacteria and balance that you want to create.

adminDate: Saturday, 09 July 2011, 10:46 PM | Message # 2
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
applause Thanks for the reminder. Yesterday, I ate dried fish in the morning and in the evening. To balance my diet, it might be helpful to eat more vegetables and low amount of meat tomorrow. happy

Regarding the yin and yang, I think the world cannot survive without one of them. Out of nothing, something is created through the interaction of two opposite forces - negative and positive. If all people is healthy in all aspects of the human being (physical, moral, spiritual, financial, etc.), there will be no doctors or no hospitals, no school or even no government at all because we all know what right thing to do to be healthy.

Because we are human beings, created to be weak and vulnerable, all things and new things are created because that's part of God's master plan.

We are what we eat. I'm just curious and I'm wondering what do successful Americans usually eat? Are they really successful because of what they eat? icecream

JoelVasquezDate: Friday, 15 July 2011, 9:15 AM | Message # 3
Major general
Successful americans diet indeed are healthy stuff, the more successful they are the more health conscious they are. What good is your wealth if you lose your health. Discipline in food means they are discplined in what they eat and everything that they do. My choice reflects my weaknesses as I am prone to backslide to the principles I want to live by. It's a tough call. Just like eat dried fish, tasty but I get into lots of trouble later, like allergies and watery nose and eyes. The body is trying to reject all the toxins I suffer after eating preserved - dried fish.

Health goes back to the transgression of the fundamental laws - natural, spiritual, physical, and everytime there is a transgresssion you can see what the penalties are. I test it and I did suffer and do suffer and will have to follow the rules or else keep on suffering.

Added (15-July-2011, 9:15 Am)
---------------------------------------------
The choice and selection of food is also something that perhaps many do not know. The shape and color of the fruit has an impact on our health. For example the apple is good for the heart. The banana is good for our reproductive system, the almond is good for the eyes, the grapes is good for the lungs, etc., Surprisingly the color of the fruit has also a compatibility to each one depending on blood, for me a blood type "O", I have to go for black/dark red grapes - other color of grapes is not for me. Apples, I can't have the green apples, but dark red or red apples. Onions - not the yellow ones but purple ones same with garlic, - purple which is hard to find.

Brocolli for iron deficiency, apples to lower cholesterol, avocado for healthy complexion, onions for circulatory problem, asparagus for the liver, radish for the gall bladder, pineapple, helps digestion, celery clam the nerves, kiwi rich in vitamin E, for skin and hear, these are technologies of the ancient past and I believe are still valid for now.

Once again, this is luxury to what we can normally afford and have to find a way to grow this even for just family consumption.

adminDate: Friday, 15 July 2011, 9:42 AM | Message # 4
JoelVasquez, I think most people here in the Philippines especially in the lower class (compose of 85% of the total population) consume more meat than fruits and vegetables such as those you've mentioned.

If you take a survey for those living in most populated areas or squatter areas, I bet most of them preferred barbecue than pechay or brocolli for their meals. No wonder, selling barbecue are more conducive in those areas than selling pechay, brocolli, or kangkong.

That's only my opinion.

JoelVasquezDate: Saturday, 23 July 2011, 8:21 AM | Message # 5
Major general
Khen,
That is fairly accurate observation - the "low end" fastfood, and taste good; what surprises me though is why there is so much queue in our drug-stores. Comparing the "drugstores" to that of China, considering their population, I could hardly see any queue in Chinese drug stores in China. Something is terribly wrong here - that means, with poorly fed - aggravated by poor nutrition compounded by low salary. This is why I am so passionate about implementing solution of food production in the backyard-each one renewable and sustainable.

Pork - who knows what is eaten by that pork but again taste delicious - but we very know how much backlash the impact of this on our health but according to "religous experts" was already cleansed by JC- and it is okey to eat this food. JC has cleansed the pork from swineflue? highblood and diabetes? something is wrong with some teachings..

Added (17-July-2011, 12:40 PM)
Invest on good health and know-how(knowledge is power) in producing your own healthy food. Ignorance can be very very expensive and no matter how much money you have, God forbid, it will go down the drain if you or any member of your family gets into health problems that could have simply prevented. Hospitals, Doctors, Pharmacies and funeral parlor are your main beneficiares because of sheer ignorance on health and good healthy food.

During the time of great depression in the 1930's in the US, the only people who had decent meals daily were people in the farm or those who owned farms. Now, with Aquaponics, we have a chance to produce our own food - fish and vegetables in our backyard, such that come - God forbid, great depression, pandemic, calamities, etc., we are able to sustain ourselves without outside supply of food. Food enough for each of the families that have prepared for these eventuality. History tend to repeat itself, and the wise should learn from history and the pattern it unfolds.

There was a time somewhere in northern luzon when an area was quarantined because of an epidemic, hence no one get in or out of a certain sector. Once again, God forbid, but should it happen we would be ready if we are able to produce our own food. The direction of environment friendly systems is towards - decentralization, such that energy - power plant is will now be produced near the source not the centralized system with long wires to power lines - dangling along the road.

Added (19-July-2011, 10:42 Am)
The kitchen is a storehouse of medicines - garlic, ginger, onion, herbs and spices, and my most effective choice - apple cider vinegar(there are many cures for this very potent natural God given food). I believe that we were already provided by God all what we need to be happy and live in the planet earth.

It pains me to sign-off on collaterals of our people working in the factory because they have no money to pay as DP or guarantee for the hospital to get decent medication or care- and myself-not of really good health as I had been sickly as well, thus for a few personal friends I had to search for cheap solutions for their ailments - such as a simple tooth ache - can be helped by gurgling salt water- or inserting a small piece of "garlic" in the hole of the tooth. By the way this is no substitute to "Professional Medical Care" - my solutions are cheap solutions - for those who really cannot afford.

For Garlic and Apple Cider Vinegar(you can buy this at the imported sections- supermarkets)
you can use this for:
1. Colon Cancer, the national cancer institute among othe respected medical institutions, hs found that garlic fights cancer of the colon. University of Texas researchers recommend daily consumption in their booklet, 50 fastt facts to reduce your risk of cancer. You can obtain the booklet by calling the NCI Cancer Information Service at 1-800-4-CANCER, ( I lifted this from a magazines many many years ago.)
2. Asthma, Doctors recommend one or two cloves or garlic with a teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar and honey each morning to reduce the frquency and severity of asthma attacks.
3. stomach upset, take two teaspoons of ACV in one cup of water to relieve nausea.
4. Breast Cancer - researchers found that a diet consisting of just two cloves of garlic a day delayed the growth of breast cancer and reduced the number of tumors in laboratory animals. ( Obviously it will also reduce your friends - it really stinks when you sweat - office mates will protest- I've tried it...)
96 many more next time to type...It might be that there will be lots of howl and protest as this has impact on the revenue of others...that's why this information is suppressed as much as possible. Simple God given solutions...

Added (23-July-2011, 8:21 Am)
This solutions are no substitute to professional medical diagnosis and care -

5. DEPRESSION - "I was so depressed I was considering suicide. My mother suggested mixing apple cider vinegar and garlic into a glass of water and drinking it. I was desperate and tried it for three days. I haven't suffered from depression from that day to this" - F.R., Dallas,
6. High Cholesterol, British researchers Drs. H.C.Banal and R. Cordia found that patients' cholesterol dropped a whopping 26 points - 237 to 221 just three hours after consuming 50 grams of garlic - with four ounces of butter! The research proves that garlic works even when eaten with fatty foods..
7. Common Cold - Scientist worldwide confirm the effectiveness of this old Russian cold remedy: Put a clove of garlic in your mouth between your check and gum and hold it there for 20 minutes. Follow up with a quarter of apple cider vinegar:
8. AID - German researchers found that the antioxidant vitamins in E and C in garlic boost the body's natural disease-fighting power and are even effective against the killer AIDS virus. Scientist recommend a clove a day for HIV-positive patients.

allen51Date: Saturday, 13 August 2011, 6:06 PM | Message # 6
Awards: 0
Purchase of a luxurious sofa bed
For many families, small apartment, placed a sofa bed at home is a very practical choice. Sofa bed with a sofa bed two kinds of furniture and the use of function room to maximize space savings. To choose a good quality sofa to bed, to buy the following points must-read.

1 size comfortable to science

In the selection, do not blindly consider the appearance and color sofa bed, the comfort is very important, and this is reflected in the size. The size of various parts of the sofa should fit the curve of human physiological structure, ergonomics, this will be more comfortable, whether sitting or lying.

Seat sofa bed 35-42 cm in height between the best, which is approximately equal to one leg height. Too high or too low, the body size is not conducive to the relaxation of the muscles, prolonged use is likely to cause physical pain. Seat depth of 48-55 cm is suitable, that is, when the back of the sofa back and try to paste, the person's knees should still be present outside the area. Counting from the ground, sofa bed backrest height should be maintained at 68-72 cm, in this range, the body's comfort is the strongest. In addition, the inclination of the best back in the 100-108 degrees, and handrail height of 62-65 cm between the more appropriate.

2, the structure should be easy to use solid

Sofa bed frame structure is the "skeleton", a solid framework is the basic guarantee of its strong and durable. If the sofa bed with wooden frame, base lining is best able to reveal to view, see wood is smooth, good wood frame should be no insects, scars, Zaoxiu marks.

Currently, the sofa bed "variant" means primarily a "flip-style" and "push-pull" two. Regardless of the kind of way, in the "change type" process, should feel smooth, the resistance is moderate, stable solid parts in place.

3, not too soft spring mattress

Since both sofa and bed sofa bed for use, and therefore its spring mattress quality and comfort is essential. Not the more soft spring mattress is the better, feel moderate hardness of the mattress to evenly disperse the weight of the body, strengthen their ability to support the spine, relieve fatigue played a role. In addition, good ventilation can not be ignored, this feature can make spring mattresses to maintain good health.

4, sewing fabric to see details

Most of the current fabric fabric sofa bed is, in the purchase, the best selection of relatively thick fabric sofa bed, this product is more durable. The latitude and longitude lines should be fine fabrics, tight, smooth, no jump wire and connectors exposed situation. Sewing fabric adjacent to the pins at the uniform, straight better. Quality will be high color fastness of fabric, antistatic, flame-retardant properties are good.

5, the cloth to fit the natural

Cloth, fabric and contents is the fit between the degree. Good cloth should be smooth, crisp, armrest and seat surface, the transition between the backrest should be natural, smooth, not wrinkled. Especially if the sofa bed is designed to have some with curved position, should look carefully to see whether the cloth smooth flowing. In addition, the cloth in the color should look out on the mosaic - pattern in two different locations of splicing is coordinated if it is striped, stripes should pay attention to the existence of distortions and tilt the situation.
Attachments: 6084867.jpg (136.2 Kb)

JoelVasquezDate: Sunday, 14 August 2011, 10:28 PM | Message # 7
Major general
Socrates said, let food be your medicine and medicine be your food...something to ponder,

adminDate: Sunday, 14 August 2011, 10:41 PM | Message # 8
JoelVasquez, Yes we are really what we eat. What most people don't really realize is that medicine is free. It's all around us. Why buy if you can get for free or produce it by yourself? It's also really beneficial to have plants, herbs, and vegetables planted in our own backyard.

JoelVasquezDate: Wednesday, 28 December 2011, 12:16 PM | Message # 9
Major general
Healthy food can be expensive unless you produce your own. Then learn to do it, hi-density fish and vegetables production at your backyard
A. Learn Aquaponics –
Creative and Innovative Solutions from Poverty Alleviation to Healthy Lifestyle

At Mactan Aquaponics Philippines – we can make the difference towards better living and poverty alleviation – through innovative, creative and engineered solutions.
Teach people how to (produce) fish rather than giving fish.
We trade not only goods, products and services but also knowledge-knowhow, we work with what you have overcome space constraints – if you have a place you live on, then you can start doing it.

B. Why Aquaponics? Because Aquaponics is:
1. Sustainable, Food production that is - self-reproduction-sustaining micro-eco-system, creating micro-climate then looking forward to the future we advance towards total urban farming integration – Decentralization of food production, producing right where the end user is.
2. Renewable, Food production that is, recycling of waste water, waste of the fish, waste of the plants, nothing goes to waste but is renewed – almost zero waste – totally doable and recoverable
3. Green, Food production that is cost and energy efficient approach available– environmentally friendly processes, Can be linked up with Renewable Energy Sources-Solar, Mini-hydro, (River and streams -, Natural Hydro), Wind and Wave

4. Plus possibilities to explore:
We know what we have and don’t have – we help you to overcome limitations/obstacles, or work-around-solutions – the challenges for start up is enormous, nevertheless, we have
a. Customized or Standardized Systems and Options Available-working with what you have and your budget
b. Horizontal Integration is possible, - decentralized fish and vegetable production-scale able, modular expandable, learn and grow
c. Optimized efficiency and productivity
d. Healthy Organic – Food (Vegetable and Fish) and Job Security at your home
e. Working towards a clean, happy and healthy community
f. Natural solutions for the natural world 100% organic, beat the heat, create a natural shield and absorb energy from the sun – natural air-conditioning – oxygenate your surrounding
g. We are a gifted country, full of natural resources – longest coastlines, land full of river, and lakes with plentiful of natural wonders, let us use all these blessings provided to us by the Divine-Supreme Architect and turn it back into a productive, loving, sharing environment. Where hunger and poverty does not exist because there is so much of everyone and everyone can have. We can work with nature and not against nature for the benefit of all.
h. Upgrade existing pond facilities, to increase efficiency and productivity.
i. Ideal for housewives, retirees and handicaps. Institutions-, schools for educational propagation, Barangay Centers, Correctional Facilities, Military Camps, Unused lots and land, government idle land and facilities.

j. Government Entities - environment – planning for flood prevention and mitigation, prevention of silting of rivers and lakes. Eco-tourism – clean, green and sustainable.

Added (05-December-2011, 7:49 PM)
Herbs and spices - another God given cure for our transgressions - If only we can propagate Ginseng - or Korean Ginseng - For a lifetime of mine- I had been sneezing almost every morning after waking up, after 2 months of drinking it I was relieved. That was the last solution I could think of that made that drastic change in my life..unfortunately - it is expensive and in small bottles. That is one very nice herb - apart from tumeric, cummins, methi, cinnamon, curry, coriander, mustard, fennel, ...tumeric - natural antiseptic and anti-bacterial, stop prostate cancer(??) prevent breast cancer, melanoma, reduce risk of childhood leukemia, natural liver detoxifier, prevent alzheimers disease, prevent metastases from occuring in many different forms of cancer, anti-inflmatory, slows the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice, natural painkiller, cox-2 inhibitor, may aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management, long been used in Chinese Medicine - to treat depression, natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthiritis, boosts the effects of chemo-drug paclitaxel and reducers its side effects, promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer, on going studies in positive effects of tumeric on multiple myeloma, has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors, speeds up wound healing and assist in remodeling of damaged skin, may help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflamatory skin conditions...after knowing all these that turmeric can do, you be amazed what it can do when mixed in "valenciana" and how tasty it is..

Added (21-December-2011, 2:16 PM)
9. Canker sores - Salads rich in garlic and dressed with apple cider vinegar clear up painful canker solres. Eat the salad slowly,
10. Coughs - treat nagging coughs by taking one tablespoon each of honey and apple cider vinegar every 4 hours as needed.
11. Warts - Use a clean cloth to apply apple cider vinegar to warts two or three times a day until they dissolve - usually within days
12. Corns and calluses - Natural healers in many countries recommend soaking a cloth with apple cider vinegar and taping it to your corn or callus and leaving it on overnight. Repeat until the problem is gone.
13. Backache - Soak for 30 minutes in a tub filled with hot water and two cups of apple cider vinegar. The curative ingredients will seep into your pores and relieve your back pain, say experts..

Added (26-December-2011, 10:32 PM)
14. Insomia - "I was getting less than two hours of sleep a night. I cured my insomia by eating a salad with apple cider vinegar and garlic dressing before bedtime. The very first night I slept a full eight hours. I still have my "magic salad", before bed and I still fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow - and stay asleep all night" - L.J. Denver
15. Intestinal Gas - Taking farlic capsules can relieve gastrointerstinal problems caused by gaseous vegetable, a Purdue study revealed.
16. Indigestions - A warm mixture of honey and applie cider vinegar will ease the pain and discomfort of too much food - and it will do it beter than any other over-the-counter remedy, say Paris University Doctors.
17. Allergies - "My allergies were so bad, I couldn't even go outside in the summer. After just one week of two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar a day, may allergies were completely gone." H.V. Reno, Nevada
18. Dry Hair - Shampoo, then rinse your hair with a cup of applie cider vinegar and two cups of water. The amazing mixure will resotre moisture and remove soap film.

Added (28-December-2011, 12:16 PM)
19. Blood Clots - In Hambur, Germany, University of Saarlandes researchers found that one garlic capsule a day dissolved blood clots in the legs of chronic suffereners, allowing them to walk without pain in less than 12 weeks.

20. Sunburn - apply apple cider vinegar liberally to areas damaged by too much exposure to the sun.

21. Insect Bites - Dab mosquito and chigger bites with ACV to relieve itching.

22. Diabeters - Nutritionist Dr. Charles Klein recommends a diet high in garlic to protect against killer diabetes,

23. Hiccups - A single teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water will banish this annoying problem.

24. Theumatoid Arthritis - Noted nutritionist Dr. Jack Soltanoff and thousands of other Doctors recommend rubbing a mixture of garlic and olive oil on arthritic joins and muscles to relieve pain.

Attachments: 2954679.jpg (189.3 Kb)

JoelVasquezDate: Thursday, 29 December 2011, 10:32 AM | Message # 10
Major general
Start producing your own healthy food and herbal pharmacy right in your own backyard.
Learn by doing and start your food production facility -
PRODUCE ORGANIC FISH & VEGGIE IN YOUR HOME
NO DIGGING, NO SOIL, NO FERTILIZER
LEARN AQUAPONICS

Title : Aquaponics Seminar

a. Who - OFW's, Retirees, Housewives, Handicap, Job Seekers, Architects, Engineers, Lawyers, Students-Teachers, Home-Owners, Foundations, NGO’s, Government Institutions, Barangay Centers,
b. What - Learn Aquaponics –
- Start to construct and finish it within budget,
- Operate and maintain and sustain,
- DIY techniques to reduce costs using recycled materials, junks and scrap.
- "High end solutions" available for the landscape of backyard-fountains and waterfalls
c. When - At agreed convenience – one-on-one tutorial is okay -
d. Why -
1. Knowledge is power, learn how to produce fish rather than giving fish – then share,
2. You will be self-sufficient and sustainable in your own backyard – start with 5 to 10 sq. meters, 1 sq. meter for fish tank. No digging, space is not a problem.
3. Produce your own healthy, organic food - using sustainable methods. Learn to produce your own feeds (using the God given resources around you)
4. Learn to construct your own systems with the materials around you, innovation and creativity. Learn to landscape-"functional and aesthetic" your place using vertical gardening. Nothing goes to waste – because you use recyclable materials.
5. Use this functionality to produce food - circulation and aeration and filtration - creative thinking and ideas.
6. Develop the expertise while producing on a small scale and go big time. Or rehabilitate existing ponds to increase productivity.
7. See "Engineered Systems" by learning to do it yourself, with locally available materials. Accelerate your learning curve, reduce costly errors-mistakes, fish-kills (like I did) and have immediate direction of what you want to achieve. You will be self-sustaining during storms and calamities - because you can produce you own food- Food Security
8. You are able to protect the environment turning it green and clean - zero waste. Let nature do the work for you - you just provide the infrastructure.
9. Good health, is the greatest gift you can have for yourself and your family. (90% of illnesses comes from the food you eat)
e. How much? 1,500.00 Per person ( 3 to 4 hours)
f. Presenter - Joel Legaspi Vasquez - Mechanical Engineer - OFW from Singapore, learned Aquaponics in Singapore –
Managing Partner – Mactan Aquaponics Philippines Trader
g. Where - 0943 Mahayahay Rd, Bangkal - Lapu-lapu City,
Mactan, Cebu – Tel : 032-4957204 Cel: 09228047056
Email : joel.mactan_aquaponics@yahoo.com or
Attachments: 3981427.jpg (198.5 Kb)

alingDate: Saturday, 31 December 2011, 9:59 AM | Message # 11
Awards: 8
nice lage nah...layo lng...nia ta na dri sa oroquieta

JoelVasquezDate: Friday, 06 January 2012, 6:33 AM | Message # 12
Major general
Now is the best time to learn - you still have your jobs...don't wait and postpone, Aquaponics - start small and learn as you grow, and grow as you learn - Experience is the Best Teacher. There is just so much to be discovered or uncovered

leenujDate: Saturday, 07 January 2012, 2:15 PM | Message # 13
Group: Members
Awards: 0
yes its true we are what we eat..and we suffer the consequences.for me everything should be done in moderation! biggrin

Forum » AffordableCebu.com Lobby » Health, Beauty & Fitness » You are what you eat (Your health depends on what you eat)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: