[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » AffordableCebu.com Lobby » Concerns, Issues and Problems in Cebu » Quality Education our best tool against poverty
Quality Education our best tool against poverty
JoelVasquezDate: Thursday, 08 March 2012, 3:01 AM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Checked
Awards: 22
Reproofs: 0%
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/world-b....79.html

This article presents poor education as the major drawback of the Philippines– one thing that is not mentioned here are the “poor-farmers-fisher folks” that are suppose to provide food for our people in the Philippines. If our poor-farmers-fisher folks keep on using the same process and procedures they will keep on getting the same results. The vicious cycle just repeats itself - compounding our poverty situation. There has to be a better way, there has to be a shift in mindset and direction. I hope someone out there can tell the President of the Philippines - to support our Philippine Aquaponics. 4.5 million involuntarily hungry Filipino voices seem to be unheared..

We have to help educate our poor farmers-fisher folks regarding "integrated-farming"
www.facebook.com/philippine.aquaponics

adminDate: Thursday, 08 March 2012, 6:06 PM | Message # 2
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
JoelVasquez, what if a new subject or addition of new agricultural system be introduced in the School curriculum - could be high school.

What do you think if the Department of Education (DepEd) will consider Aquaponics subject to be added in the school curriculum? What might be the impact?

JoelVasquezDate: Sunday, 11 March 2012, 9:29 PM | Message # 3
Major general
Group: Checked
Awards: 22
Reproofs: 0%
Quote (khen)
JoelVasquez, what if a new subject or addition of new agricultural system be introduced in the School curriculum - could be high school.

What do you think if the Department of Education (DepEd) will consider Aquaponics subject to be added in the school curriculum? What might be the impact?

Khen, in Singapore - aquaponics is taught in the elementary and high school as part of their school projects and research. In life sciences subject in college they do lots of R&D. Our "technocrats" are still fiddling with their fingers, while 4.5 million filipinos are hungry involuntarily...I visited many government agencies and offices - sending emails and wasted so much time explaining, at the end of the day, it boils down to - what is it for them... I have nothing to offer them... while 4.5 million filipinos starve..

adminDate: Sunday, 11 March 2012, 10:03 PM | Message # 4
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
JoelVasquez, you are right. No wonder Singapore has the highest concentration of millionaires in the world. Though a tiny country but richer than us. Philippines has more natural resources than Singapore.

I think the government and the big companies focus more in mining than in agriculture. Just my opinion.

Forum » AffordableCebu.com Lobby » Concerns, Issues and Problems in Cebu » Quality Education our best tool against poverty
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: