One of our dear site users asks us a question:
"Hello, I want to ask if it is possible for my fiance to have a one account for two person in Metrobank? He is in United Kingdom and I'm here in Philippines. The account is for us both. Can i use it here in Philippines?"
Yes, this it's possible to have one account for two persons in Metrobank. In other words, this is an account which has one account number owned by two persons. This is called joint account.
You may open a joint account for you and your fiancée. However, to open an account, Metrobank advises its customers to personally visit any of its branches nationwide and present the following requirements:
- two (2) government- issued or acceptable photo-bearing IDs (photocopy and original)
- 1 piece 2" x 2" picture
- initial deposit (Php 2,000 for ATM or Php 10,000 for Passbook)
Both applicants must be present and go to a Metrobank branch. Both of their signatures are required for opening the account.
Metrobank's branch personnel will be providing you the assistance that you need for account opening.
- Any member of the joint account can deposit to the account or withdraw from it.
- You can use your joint account to manage your household bills with someone you live with, with your relative, husband, wife, or business partner.
- If a member of the joint account dies, the other one is entitled to that account and has the liability for the debt of that account.
If you have other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to post them in the comment below.