Lid locked button won't stop flashing and machine won't start. Lid is
Lid is not locked but "lid locked" light is flashing. Machine won't turn on.
"@liner , Caroline, You did not state your model#. Sounds like it could be a faulty lid switch. Info from link below.
What Can Cause The Lid Light To Flash On My Top Load Washing Machine:
– Lock striker that presses down on the lid switch may be out of alignment.
– A piece of lint or washing machine detergent has built up over time and hinders the locking of the lid.
– The control board sees an open lid switch when it attempts to lock.
– The lid switch is not working either mechanically or electrically and needs to be adjusted or replaced.
– The control board is faulty and is unable to detect if lid lock is locked.
– Actuator motor is faulty or has loose wiring (If washer is VMW = Vertical Modular Washer).
How To Fix The Lid Lock Light Flashing On My Top Load Washer:
– Be sure lid lock and lid striker are clean as lint or detergent buildup can block the switch and cause the flashing light.
– Be sure the lid lock and lid striker are aligned and secure as they can become loose from years of vibration or slamming the washer lid shut.
– Check to make sure the lid lock and lid striker are making contact with each other when the washing machine lid shuts, if not the lid lock light will flash.
– Check the wire harness connections from the lid switch to the main control assembly as it may have become loose or the wire harness may be damaged.
– If all checks out, be sure the lid switch is in working order (mechanically and electrically) replace if necessary.
– Check the Actuator motor to be sure it is not faulty or has loose wiring (If washer is VMW = Vertical Modular Washer).
If not wanting/comfortable working on electric appliances, have a good local repairman have a look/diagnose/estimate repair. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.
I had the same issue with my whirlpool but I just slammed the lid shut, & it got rid of the lid lock flashing light. I'm now running my load without problems! :))
"Same stupid problem here. I even did the diagnostic and it told me i needed to replace the cam and pully so i did and did another diagnostic test and I still have the same blinking lights telling me the cam pully needs to be replaced. UGH!!! I think this washer is a POS and the whole series/model needs to be removed and discontinued! Same problems for everyone. How can a washer continue to be manufactured and sold when everyone who has them experience the same stupid problems?!?!? Isn’t this grounds for RECALL?? And of course the problem doesn’t start until the warranty is expired. Seems like perfectly scheduled timing to me…just a scam to get more money out of us.
I have noticed that if i let the washer sit long enough, it’ll just start where it left off. Which would be fine if i only needed one load washed and had all %#*@ day to do it."
I kept pushing the start/pause button and after about 10 pushes, the Pause and Lid Locked lights just took turns flashing between the two. Turned knob to a different cycle and pressed the start button and it started working as normal.
I'm fixing to try those tricks to see if mine will work normal. Yall know what is crazy these new computerized washer and dryers last maybe 4 years. I can remember my grandmother had a maytags and best I remember, I never knew her to buy any. She had those at least 25 years.
"My washer (Whirlpool Cabrio WTW5500XW0) was doing the same thing. Eventually, slamming the lid didn’t work. These guys were a big help: https://www.appliancepartspros.com/repai...
It was either the Shift Actuator or the Lid Latch. They said 52% of the time it was the Shift Actuator. I replaced that and it fixed the problem. Good Luck."