Home » Questions » Information [ Ask a new question ]

My son's jbl charge got wet, I would like to try to fix it.

My son's jbl charge got wet, I would like to try to fix it.

It actually fell into a hot tub. I would like to know how I can determine what component are bad. It will not power up or change . I have volt meters, to do any testing I might need to do. Or should I just replace the battery. Any advice that will help will be much appreciated.

ANSWERS:

@kimber1911 for now you do want to stop trying to charge it or to power it up. After all, this is a water damaged device and trying to do any of the aforementioned could be making it worse. Use these guides to disassemble it. Then clean every part with 90%+ isopropyl alcohol which includes cable connectors etc. Then once you cleaned it properly replace the battery and only then can you try to turn it on and perform more fault finding if it should still be needed.

Asked by: Guest | Views: 46
Total answers/comments: 0