In view of this, the Department issues the enclosed Policy Guidelines on Regulating the Issuance of DepEd Advisories to ensure healthy inter-agency, or inter-country partnerships among local, national, and international stakeholders.
All previous issuances inconsistent with the provisions of this DepEd Order are repealed. The provisions of this DepEd Order shall remain in force and in effect until rescinded or amended.
This Office will initiate administrative disciplinary action and other legal remedies against anyone found responsible for violating any provisions of this Order.
All requests for DepEd Advisories effective March 1, 2013 shall comply with the regulations of this DepEd Order.
POLICY GUIDELINES ON REGULATING THE ISSUANCE OF DEPED ADVISORIES
The Department of Education (DepEd) adopts a strategy of partnership with local, national, international public and private stakeholders through various programs, projects or activities.
This Department has been receiving numerous requests from various organizations for the issuance of DepEd Advisories (DAs) to announce the conduct of their programs, projects or activities. In recognition of the contribution of these entities in the professional development of field personnel and in enriching teaching and learning through alternative learning experiences, the Department, in most instances, favorably responds to the requests, by issuing a DepEd Advisory.
However, complaints against some of these entities have reached this Department. Some participants, teachers and students and co-partners have filed their complaints against the sponsoring organizations due to unsatisfactory conduct of their activities, advance collection of registration fees from the prospective participants, but there was no actual conduct of the announced activity/event. Moreover, some companies, associations, organizations, institutions or agencies have used the DepEd's official name, seal and logo in their programs, projects, or activities (PPAs) without officially securing approval from the Secretary or his authorized executive official.
The formulation and issuance of these policy guidelines will regulate the issuance of DepEd Advisories requested by local, national and international partner companies, associations, organizations, institutions or agencies. These regulations will set/define clearly the requirements in the issuance of DepEd Advisories. Adherence to these guidelines will promote a healthy partnership and protect the best interests of DepEd's constituents and the general public.
1. This Department shall issue advisories only for the activities categorized below.
|A||Training programs, seminars, workshops, conferences, or advocacy campaigns, celebration, awarding ceremonies and other similar special events|
|B||Sponsored film showing, stage plays and other activities of similar nature|
|C||Scholarships/study grants, students exchange programs and other activities of similar nature|
|D||Tests administration, admission tests, or career assessments and other activities of similar nature|
|E||Contest, competitions, searches, fun runs and other activities of similar nature|
|F||Additional information (addendum), change of information (corrigendum) to previously approved DepEd Memorandum (DM)|
2. In requests for the issuance of DepEd Advisories, companies, associations, organizations, institutions, or agencies shall be required to submit the following pre-requisite documents three months before the proposed date of the event:
- Letter of Request addressed to the Secretary or concerned Executive Official;
- General Information on the company, association, organization, institution, or agency such as name of offices; permanent office address functioning contact numbers (telephone, telefax and mobile phone); email, website addresses; and profile of the entity;
- Certified true copy of registration/accreditation certificate, if applicable; and Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) Registration Certificate/Civil Service Commission (CSC) Accreditation Certificate; and
- Program, Project, Activity (PPA) Profile including the three-Year Development Plan of PPAs to link to the ongoing priority DepEd PPAs and Comprehensive descriptions, objectives, target participants of the PPAs, and detailed program of activities
3. Requests for film showing shall be accompanied by an approval of the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTCRB). Only films and plays recommended by appropriate office in the Department shall be issued DepEd Advisories. All DepEd Advisories related to this category are subject to pertinent DepEd policies.
4. Field offices shall use these guidelines in responding to the national advisories issued by the Department and by companies, associations, organizations, institutions, or agencies requesting for local advisories directly sent to the ROs and DOs. Furthermore, they should srictly adhere to the following issuances:
- MECS Order No. 23, s. 1985 entitled Compliance with Republic Act (RA) No. 4206 As Amended;
- Republic Act (RA) No. 4206, s. 1965 also known as An Act Prohibiting the Collection of Contributions from School Children of Public Primary, Intermediate and High Schools entitled An Act Prohibiting the Collection of Contributions from School Children of Public Primary, Intermediate and High Schools)
- RA No. 5546, s. 1969 also known as An Act prohibiting the Sale of Tickets and/or Collection of Contributions for Whatever Project or Purpose from Students and Teachers of Public and Private Schools ...;
- DECS Order No. 28, s. 2001 entitled Prohibiting the Commercialization of the DECS Organization Through Endorsements and Accreditation of Goods and Services and DepED Order No. 39, s. 2009 entitled Strict Adherence to DepEd Order No. 28, s. 2001; and
- DepEd Order No. 9, s, 2005 entitled Instituting Measures to Increase Engaged Time-on-Task and Ensuring Compliance therewith.
5. Requesting companies, associations, organizations, institutions and agencies are advised to hold their activities during weekends, summer vacations, semestral breaks or holidays to avoid disruption of classes and in compliance with DepEd Order No. 9, s, 2005.
7. The approved requested DepEd Advisory shall include the following information:
- Announcement of the activity, its schedule and venue;
- Aim/objectives of the program, project, activity;
- Intended participants;
- Provision for ensuring that the attendance of teaching personnel shall not cause any disruption of classes (DepEd Order No. 9, s, 2005) and/or pupils/students shall not be collected of any fees for filmshowing or other similar activities of a similar nature (RA No. 5546, s. 1969); and
- Contact details such as: name and position of the event organizer, address, functioning contact number(s), email and website addresses.
8. Having granted with DepEd Advisories, companies, associations, organizations, institutions, or agencies shall submit their End-of-Activity Report together with the Summary Report of Evaluation within one month after the conduct of the activity addressed to the Office of the Undersecretary for Programs and Projects, DepEd Central Office, Ground Floor, Rizal Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City, telefax no.: (02) 636-4879. This Report shall be the basis for future grant of DepEd Advisories.
9. Only upon the approval by the Secretary or his authorized DepEd Official shall the use of any of the DepEd service marks by the stakeholders/partners be permitted during the conduct or implementation of their programs, projects, activities (PPAs). Request should be included in letter of request for DepEd Advisories.
10. A complaint for violation of this DepEd Order or a complaint in relation to the conduct of program, project, or activity may be filed by the aggrieved participant or interested party with the DETxt Action Center, DepEd Central Office, Room 114, Ground Floor, Mabini Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City with telefax no.: (02) 638-8641, telephone nos.: (02) 636-1663; (02) 633-1942, mobile phone no.: 0919-456-0027 and email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. The complaint shall include the following information:
- Title of the program, project, activity;
- Name of the team leader/event organizer of activity on the company, association, organization, institution or agency involved;
- A clearly stated chronological account of the facts giving rise to the suspected or detected fraud, and other forms of non-compliance with this DepEd Order (DO) and pertinent laws and rules;
- Affidavit of witnesses; and
- Two (2) copies of any relevant documents to support the allegation;
12. The DETxt shall refer the complaint to appropriate office within the DepEd for appropriate action.
13. Requesting agency, association, company, institution or organization found violating any of the provisions stipulated in this DepEd Order shall be subjected to disciplinary action such as non-issuance of future DepEd Advisories, among others.
14. These policy guidelines shall take effect immediately upon approval and publication at the DepEd website, and shall remain in force until repealed, amended or rescinded.