The Ecology and Environment (E&E), Inc. will conduct the Project Earth 2012 World Environment Day Contest in June 2012.
The Contest aims to:
- showcase innovative environmental projects;
- connect and interact with ecologically-minded people around the world;
- share ideas, resources, and solutions to environmental problems;
- participate in environmental contests and earn recognition for efforts; and
- help educate and raise awareness of environmental issues facing the planet.
This contest is open to teachers, pupils and students ages 4-18 (Grades K-12) around the world.
The deadline for submission of entries/projects is on June 5, 2012. The contest rules are as follows:
- Register for a free account on ProjectEarth.net;
- Click on "Add New Project”;
- Upload the project description and supporting materials such as photos, videos, world documents, and/or Power Point Presentation;
- Enter contest by clicking the Contest button on the project’s page; and
- Any number of projects can be entered into the contest.
The winners will be recognized in conjunction with the 2012 United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development – Rio+20 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. They will be featured in global press releases, the 2012 Project Earth Newsletter and the 2012 World Environment Day Winners Page on ProjectEarth.net.
For more information, interested individuals may visit website addresses: www.projectearth.net/Home/ContestHistory and [email protected]