MELCs: Analyzes the arguments used by the writer/s in manifestoes, defend a stand on an issue by -
"DIRECTIONS: Write T if the statement is TRUE and E if FALSE: Write your answers on long pad paper.
1. In writing, the meaning of the word ""argument is same as the meaning used in the real world where an argument denotes ""light"" or ""conflict
2 Analyzing an argument means breaking it down into is components in order to determine whether or not it is strong or weak, effective, or not.
3. A writer's appeal is a group of statements or reasons used to persuade the readers that what he/she believes is true.
4. Deductive arguments proceed from specific ideas or facts to the general
5. The three major ways authors present arguments are through reasoning, argument, and appeal
6. A claim is also called an opinion.
7. Logical appeals contain the authors' support to their claims can also draw from a variety of techniques such as citation of recognized experts on the issue and illustration of deep knowledge on the issue
8. In logical appeals, authors use logic to support their claims by including a combination of different types of evidence
9. Authors cannot appeal to the emotions of their readers.
10. In presenting your claims, you can fabricate what the meaning of a sentence was or add/subtract words to suit your needs
11. The position paper includes a thesis statement
12. Using passive voice in your position paper strengthens your arguments.
13. A position paper presents one side of a debatable opinion about an issue
14. Considering the other viewpoint may help you understand both sides of an issue.
15. You do not have to choose a side and argue in favor of your point of view in a position paper because you can be neutral
PA ANSWER PO PLEASE! THANKYOU"