The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) conducts two (2) sets of police examinations twice a year, one for those who are already in the police service (promotional), and another for those aspiring to enter the Philippines National Police (PNP Entrance).
This free online reviewer is for those who want to pass the PNP Entrance Exam.
IntroIn recent years, working in public schools and offices has lured young men and women and the young professionals. There are two big reasons for this. One is a good salary and two is the security of tenure.
However, it is not very easy to enter public service. Unlike in the private companies where you can be accepted even if you're not a board passer, the public schools and offices require that you pass an eligibility exam before they can absorb you. And this is where the problem lies.
It is hard to pass an eligibility exam. Yearly, thousand examinees are flunking the Civil Service Examination, the Police Entrance Examination, and other exams. The truth is, even the fresh graduates are finding it hard to pass the exam.
Today many young men and woman are aspiring to enter the police service. This is very timely because the government is at war with the lawless and undesirable elements in our society. Now more than ever, the country needs brave and courageous men and women who can be part in the total cleanup and purging of the undesirables in our society.
This free PNP entrance reviewer will surely help aspiring PNP servants to pass the exam. We believe that through this reviewer, the number of passers will increase.
We put so much effort in the making of this reviewer because we want to make sure that those who will use it will not only be able to answer the questions and exercises but will understand them. Understanding is the key to solve the questions and exercises in this reviewer.
We can assure would be takers that the questions and exercises in this reviewer can help them when they take the exam. We interviewed several exam passers and asked them for pointers and advice as to how we should formulate the questions and exercises and they gladly helped us. We have come up with beautiful and informative questions and exercises through the help of these exam passers.
What is so good about this reviewer is that you can use this even in other exam like the Civil Service Examination because the Mathematics and English problems here are almost identical with those in the Civil Service Exam. We really designed these questions in such a way that whatever exam you take, you will not need another reviewer. This reviewer is enough.
Just try understanding all the questions and exercises in this reviewer and you will discover that solving them becomes so easy.
The answers are provided, typed in bold and underlined.
Table of ContentsI - General Information
II - Verbal Reasoning
III - Connecting Ideas
IV - Completing Sentences
V - Reading Comprehension
VI - Paragraph Organization
VII - Correct Usage
VIII - Correct Usage 2
IX - Quantitative Reasoning
X - Number Series
XI - Word Problem
XII - Word Analogy
XIII - Logical Reasoning
XIV - Word Sequence
XV - Abstract Reasoning
Answers are typed in bold and underlined.
1. The "second city" of the Philippines and the second most populous metropolitan area in the Philippines after Metro Manila.
a.) Baguio City
b.) Quezon City
c.) Angeles City
d.) Cebu City
e.) Zamboanga City
2. Who is the third richest man in China who has net worth of 22.7 billion dollars and whose wealth comes from e-Commerce?
a.) Jack Ma
b.) Wang Jianlin
d.) Li Hejun
e.) Robin Li
3. The judicial power is vested in the __________.
b.) Office of the President
d.) House of Representatives
4. What is a satellite-based navigation system made up of a network of 24 satellites placed into orbit by the US Department of Defense?
a.) Cell phone
d.) Mass transit
e.) Two-way Radio
5. The maximum number of consecutive terms that a member of the House of Representatives may serve is:
6. The first Filipina prima ballerina, and first foreign soloist to ever join the Kirov Ballet; she is also Directress and faculty member of the Ballet Manila School.
a.) Armida Siguion Reyna
b.) Lisa Macuja
c.) Marlene Dauden
d.) Gemma Cruz Araneta
e.) Margie Moran Floreindo
7. The order issued by the Senate Impeachment Court to a person to appear therein and testify is:
a.) Subpoena Duces Tecum
b.) Writ of Amparo
c.) Writ of Habeas Corpus
d.) Subpoena Ad Testificandum
e.) Writ of Data
8. In November 2013, the court ruled that the fund from what government revenues should be reserved for financing "energy resource development and exploitation activities?
d.) Manila Water
e.) Malampaya Natural Gas Facility
9. A remedy for the protection of constitutional rights which can be invoked by any person who believes that any of his rights, implicitly or explicitly protected by the constitution is being violated.
a.) Writ of Amparo
b.) Writ of Data
c.) Writ of Habeas Corpus
d.) Writ of Kalikasan
e.) Writ of Mandamus
10. This is a state-run, social insurance program in the country to workers in the private sector, wage earners as well as self-employed persons.
11. A historical urban park in the Philippines, one of the largest urban parks in Asia which is located along Roxas Boulevard and adjacent to the old walled city of Intramuros.
a.) Plaza Goiti
b.) Rizal Park
c.) Plaza Miranda
d.) Malate Park
12. How many senators shall compose the Senate?
13. This fault possesses a threat of large scale earthquake with an estimated magnitude between 6-7 and as high as 7.5 within the Manila Metropolitan Area with a death toll predicted to be as high as 35,000 and some 120,000 or higher injured and more than three million needed to be evacuated.
a.) Marikina Valley Fault System
b.) Laguna Fault System
c.) Mountain Province Fault System
d.) South Valley Fault
e.) Nueva Ecija Valley Fault System
14. How may the President and Vice-President be removed from office?
a.) People's initiative
e.) Election protest
15. Calabarzon is an administrative region in the Philippines which is comprised of five provinces, namely Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, and Quezon. What is Calabarzon formally known as?
a.) Southern Tagalog
b.) Southern Tagalog Mainland
c.) Southern Tagalog Provinces
d.) Southern Tagalog Region
e.) Southern Tagalog Land
16. What was the first challenge to Spain's control of the Philippines after 191 years of rule?
a.) American invasion
b.) The arrival of the Chinese
c.) The Japanese attack
d.) British invasion
e.) The Filipino revolt
17. The Smart Araneta Coliseum, an indoor multi-purpose sports arena that is part of the Araneta Center in the Cubao area of Quezon City is also known as ______.
a.) The Dome Arena
b.) The Big Dome
c.) The Coliseum
d.) The Dome coliseum
e.) The Arena
18. In 1959, by virtue of Republic Act 2140, Highway 54 was renamed.
a.) Taft Avenue
b.) Ayala Avenue
c.) Roxas Boulevard
d.) Epifanio de los Santos Avenue
e.) Avenida Rizal
19. What was the historical event that coincided with Gloria Diaz' winning the Miss Universe title in 1969?
a.) Man landing on the moon
b.) The assasination of JFK
c.) The death of Elvis Presley
d.) The rise of the Beatles
e.) Indira Gandhi became prime minister
20. An administrative region of the Philippines which is comprised of Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon and Palawan, Mimaropa is designated as what region?
a.) Region III-B
b.) Region V
c.) Region IV-B
d.) Region II-A
e.) Region VI
21. From which country does the Miss Universe 2015 come from?
22. The fire that broke out in Quezon City shortly before midnight on March 18, 1996, leaving at least 162 people dead.
a.) Kentex Manufacturing fire
b.) Cubao fire
c.) Manor Hotel Fire
d.) Araneta Avenue Fire
e.) Ozone Disco club fire
23. With an area of 619.5km, it is the most populous region in the Philippines as well as the 7th most populous metropolitan area in Asia.
a.) Metro Cebu
c.) Metro Davao
24. What is the name of DOT's stepped up tourism campaign?
a.) World's 7th Wonder
b.) Experience Palawan
c.) Fly to Boracay
d.) Discover Bohol
e.) It's More Fun in the Philippines
25. What has been straining the Canadian-Filipino relations, prompting protests, petitions, stern-worded political threats and even a demand for an official government inquiry?
a.) Canadian trash
b.) Canadian debt
c.) Canadian foreign policies
d.) Canadian treatment of Fil DH
e.) Canadian embassy
26. Who was long rated as the best pound for pound boxer in the world by most sporting news and boxing websites, including ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Sporting Life, Yahoo Sports, About.com, Boxrec and The Ring.
a.) Floyd Mayweather
b.) Oscar dela Hoya
c.) Manny Pacquiao
d.) Eric Morales
e.) Manuel Marquez
27. The fourth highest government official of the country is the ________.
a.) Speaker of the House
b.) Senate President
d.) Chief Justice of the SC
e.) Chief of Staff, AFT
28. A metropolitan rail system serving Metro Manila area and akin to a rapid transit system serving 2.1 million passengers each day.
a.) Tutuban Railways
d.) Commuter trains
e.) Mass transit system
29. He is largely seen as one of the great statesmen in Asia and some even dubbed him as the Lee Kuan Yew of the Philippines.
a.) Ferdinand Marcos
b.) Ninoy Aquino
c.) Joseph Estrada
d.) Fidel Ramos
e.) Noynoy Aquino
30. Materials that decompose into the soil can be broken down into their natural components by biological elements are called biodegradable wastes. Which of the following does not belong to the group?
a.) Metal scrap
b.) Garden waste
c.) Kitchen food scrap
d.) Egg shells
e.) Cardboard boxes
31. A highly urbanized city located in Mindanao, Philippines and is the 6th most populous and 3rd largest city by land area in the Philippines.
a.) Marawi City
b.) Zamboanga City
c.) Cagayad de Oro City
d.) Kidapawan City
e.) Koronadala City
32. An annual festival held on Holy Week on the island of Marinduque where men and women in costumes and masks replicate the garb of Roman soldiers.
a.) Dinangyan Festival
d.) Sinulog Festival
e.) Pahiyas Festival
33. The debris of the ill-fated Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 as confirmed by satellite experts are those found at the ________.
a.) Indian Ocean
b.) West Philippine Sea
c.) China Sea
d.) Pacific Ocean
e.) Red Sea
34. A fourth class municipality and a coastal resort town of Ilocos Norte and a popular tourist destination because of its resorts and beaches.
e.) San Nicolas
35. In his last poem, Mi Ultimo Adios, Dr. Jose Rizal referred to the Philippines with what name?
a.) Las Islas Filipinas
b.) Perla del Mar de Oriente
c.) Las Islas de San Lazaro
d.) Las Islas de Poniente
36. With combined heavy rains and strong winds, this typhoon with international name Ketsana affected 993,227 families or 4,901,234 people, making it fourth in the list of worst natural disasters in the Philippines in terms of number of people affected. What was this typhoon?
a.) Typhoon Pablo
b.) Thphoon Glenda
c.) Typhoon Yolanda
d.) Typhoon Juan
e.) Typhoon Ondoy
37. A vehicular hit-and-run accident was reported to the police and a mobile patrol team arrived at the scene. The accident resulted in the death of a man. After obtaining a description of the car from some witnesses, the first action the office should do is to _______________.
a.) Inspect the site of the accident for leads
b.) Follow the fleeing car.
c.) Take the victim to a hospital
d.) Radio the description of the fleeing car to precinct headquarters
e.) Inform a television station to break the news.
38. What kind of food is believed to be safer, more nutritious, and better tasting than conventional food. Consumers purchase this food for different reasons including concerns about the effect of conventional farming practices on the environment, human health and animal welfare.
d.) Freashly picked
e.) Raw food
39. The first ever female athlete from the Philippines to win an Olympic medal was Hidilyn Diaz. In what event did she win her silver medal?
40. The president of the Philippines can override a bill which was passed by Congress by virtue of what power?
a.) Veto power
b.) People's power
c.) Emergency power
d.) Presidential power
e.) Constitutional power
41. In the election of officers of an organization, community or to an elective position in the government, the candidate who gets the highest vote wins. This is in accordance with what democratic principle?
a.) Rule of majority
b.) Rule of law
c.) Rule of suffrage
d.) Respect for authority
e.) Principle of command responsibility
42. This is the oldest premiere hotel in the Philippines built in 1909 to rival Malacañang Palace. It is a 570-room, historic five-star hotel located along Manila Bay in Manila.
a.) Hotel Sofitel
b.) Manila Hotel
c.) Solaire Hotel
d.) Holiday Inn Hotel
e.) Hyatt Regency Hotel
43. The following are citizens of the Philippines under the 1987 Constitution except _______________.
a.) Those who are citizens of the Philippines at the time of the adoption of the Constitution.
b.) Those whose fathers and mothers are citizens of the Philippines.
c.) Those born before January 17, 1973, of Filipino mothers, who elect Philippine citizenship upon reaching the age of majority.
d.) Those who are naturalized in accordance with law.
e.) Those who renounced their citizenship by their act or omission.
44. Who shall exercise general supervision over local government under the 1987 Philippine Constitution?
a.) Barangay Chairman
45. Who does the State recognize the vital role in nation-building and shall promote and protect their physical, moral, spiritual, intellectual and social being?
a.) Senior Citizen
46. The first transgender to win a congressional seat in the House of Representatives.
a.) Geraldine Roman
b.) Emmalyn Bautista
c.) Arlene Latoga
d.) Perlita Celdran
e.) Rose Garcia
47. Who is the American competition swimmer and the most decorated Olympian of all time with a total of 25 medals.
a.) Michael Fred Phelps
b.) Hugh Hefner
d.) Dylan Thomas
d.) Tom Cruise
e.) Brad Pitt
48. They are considered as the new heroies of our time because of their vital role in strengthening the economy.
b.) Factory workers
49. A common euphemism for an old person, implying that the person being referred to is retired.
b.) Senior Citizen
50. Who was the former president who declared the first week of October as Linggo ng Katandaang Filipino through Proclamation No. 470.
a.) Gloria Arroyo
b.) Joseph Estrada
c.) Fidel Ramos
d.) Cory Aquino
e.) Diosdado Macapagal
51. The Philippines won in its arbitration case against China over what?
a.) South China Sea
b.) Island of Sabah
c.) West Philippine Sea
d.) Tubbataha Reef
e.) Camotes Islands
52. The Article IV of the 1987 Philippine Constitution is about what?
c.) Bill of Rights
d.) Executive Department
e.) Camotes Islands
53. To commemorate the highest law of the land, what date is Constitution Day?
a.) May of each year
b.) February 2 of each year
c.) November 1 of each year
d.) August 21 of each year
e.) September 11 of each year
54. The Philippines has had how many constitutions?
55. The 6 constitutions of the Philippines started with the country's independence in 1898. What was the country's first constitution?
a.) 1899 Malolos Constitution
b.) Kalantiaw Constitution 1898
c.) 1898 Kawit, Cavite Constitution
d.) Mactan Constitution 1899
e.) Aguinaldo Constitution of 1899
56. What Philippine constitution was never ratified because the process conducted by then President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. met strong opposition?
a.) 1899 Malolos Constitution
b.) 1935 Constitution
c.) 1973 Constitution
d.) 1943 Constitution
e.) 1945 Constitution
57. Who created the 1986 Constitutional Commission through Proclamation No. 9 which was responsible fro drafting a replacement for the 1973 Constitution?
a.) Cecilia Muñoz-Palma
b.) Cory Aquino
c.) Charito Planas
d.) Blas Ople
e.) Fidel V. Ramos
58. He was a respected filmmaker known for his films which explored social realities and was among the members of ConCom who walked out because of the heated discussions and disapprovals of certain provisions.
a.) Celso Ad Castillo
b.) Gerry de Leon
c.) Ishmael Bernal
d.) Marilou Diaz Abaya
e.) Lino Brocka
59. The ______________ has officially declared December 3, "International Day of Disabled Persons" to raise awareness about the attention and help needed by persons with disability.
a.) United Nations
b.) Philippine Government
60. Republic Act 7277 defined Persons with Disability (PWDs) as "those suffering from restriction of different abilities, as a result of a mental, physical or sensory impairment to perform an activity in the manner of within the range considered normal for a human being". What is the other name for Republic Act 7277?
a.) Laws on Disabled Persons
b.) Care for Disabled Persons
c.) Allotment for Disabled Persons
d.) RA for Disabled Persons
e.) Magna Carta for Disabled Persons
61. All government agencies, offices or corporations shall reserve at least 1% of all positions for whom?
a.) Senior Citizens
b.) Blind People
d.) Persons with Disability
62. Pope John Paul, in his 1981 visit in the country declined the offer to stay in ________________ because he decided it was way too pretentious and flamboyant.
a.) Manila Hotel
b.) Malacañang Palace
c.) Coconut Palace
d.) Cultural Center of the Philippines
e.) Palacio del Gobernador
63. _____________________ is an act providing for stronger deterrence and special protection against child abuse, exploitation and discrimination. This act is also known as the "Special Protection of Children Against Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination Act."
a.) Republic Act No. 7277
b.) Repoublic Act No. 7610
c.) Republic Act No. 11906
d.) Republic Act No. 7890
e.) Republic Act No. 20199
64. ____________________, otherwise known as Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004 is a law passed in the Philippines for the protection of women and children from violence.
a.) Republic Act No. 9262
b.) Republic Act No. 9720
c.) Republic Act No. 7277
d.) Republic Act No. 1109
e.) Republic Act No. 2019
65. ____________________ is an act to include in the curricula of al public and private schools, colleges and universities courses on the life, works and writings of Jose Rizal, particularly his novels Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo.
a.) Republic Act No. 8960
b.) Republic Act No. 7121
c.) Republic Act No. 1425
d.) Republic Act No. 1279
e.) Republic Act No. 2240
66. What was the first church that the Spanish built on the island of Luzon in 1571?
a.) Santa Cruz Church
b.) Immaculate Concepcion of San Agustin
c.) Quiapo Church
d.) Mother of Perpetual Help in Baclaran
e.) Sto. Niño Church in Tondo
67. The Minor Basilica and Metropolitan Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception is a Roman Catholic basilica located in Manila, Philippines, and serves as the see of the Archbishop of Manila. What is it informally known?
a.) Manila Cathedral
b.) Quiapo Church
c.) Church of Mt. Carmel
d.) Binondo Church
e.) Malate Church
68. This is a Philippine national cemetery within Fort Bonifacio and it was designated as the official place of burial for deceased Philippine Presidents, national heroes, patriots, National Artists and National Scientists.
a.) North Cemetery
b.) South Cemetery
c.) Libingan ng mga Bayani
d.) Manila Memorial Park
e.) Loyola Memorial Park
69. A virus that is spread by daytime-active mosquitoes and its name comes from a forest in Uganda where the virus was first isolated in 1947. What is this virus which is related to the dengue and yellow fever?
b.) Zika virus
d.) Dengue Virus
e.) Ebola virus
70. The first and oldest commercial airline in Asia serving 31 destinations in the Philippines and 41 overseas destinations in Southeast Asia, East Asia, Middle East, Oceania, North America and Europe.
a.) Cebu Pacific
b.) Cathay Pacific
c.) Philippine Airlines
d.) Air Asia
e.) Singapore Airlines
71. What is the imposition of the highest-ranking military officer as the military governor or as the head of the government, thus removing all power from the previous executive, legislative and judicial branches of government?
a.) Military Troika
e.) Martial Law
72. She is one of the Philippines national artists and the acknowledged Queen of Kundiman.
a.) Pilita Corales
b.) Honorata 'Atang' dela Rama
c.) Imelda Papin
e.) Didith Reyes
73. It was designed by Juan M. Arellano, the genius behind other Manila arhitectural gems like the Central Post Office and the Legislative Building. This theater is a great example of an Art Deco building and was inaugurated on December 10, 1931.
a.) Cultural Center of the Philippines
b.) Folk Arts Theater
c.) Manila Metropolitan Theater
d.) Araneta Coliseum
e.) Manila Grand Opera House
74. One of a number of botanical gardens established in Asia by European colonial powers and was declared a historical site by the National Historical Institute in 1934.
a.) Parks and Wildlife
b.) Luneta Park
c.) Lungsod ng Kabataan
d.) Mehan Garden
e.) Chinese Garden
75. It is the oldest district and historic core of Manila, also called the Walled City and at the time of the Spanish Colonial Period was synonymous to the city of Manila itself. It was the seat of government when the Philippines was a component realm of the Spanish Empire.
b.) Fort Santiago
d.) Roxas Boulevard
1. The old woman was still in a daze after she was nearly run over by a speeding car near the market.
2. Two men emerged from a nearby grocery in great haste carrying a bagful of grocery items.
3. She runs as fast as she could to avoid being caught until darkness enveloped here completely.
4. The talk with the opposing party will resume after a month's recess of the delegated in the bilateral conference.
5. The lecturer made a big gaffe when he shouted at one of the students who could not answer his question.
6. The things she was saying were most unbecoming of a Theology teacher of her rank.
7. Every government official will be accountable for his/her action.
8. Let us not try to downplay the atrocities committed by the terrorists in other countries particularly in Syria and some countries in Africa.
9. The witness testified that the suspect's actions were overt and were observable by the former.
10. If your nanny lets yo go without your packed lunch, she would be 3 in her responsibilities as your guardian.
11. Some local officials in several towns in the country take undue advantage of ignorant people.
12. Patients in the hospitals, even the poor ones, should be attended with utmost care and courtesy.
13. She was included in the dean's list because her grades and performance in all her subjects were sobresaliente.
14. The nurse relaxed her grip on her patient's arm and allowed him to incline his back gently on the couch.
15. The sound of chaos from the scene of the crime grew as media reporters arrived to make a report.
16. The search for our own personal sanctuary gets more pressing everyday as we go through various stresses in life, increasing violence in the country and the world, terrorists attacks, ridiculous politics and traffic in EDSA.
17. Sunshine and fresh air go a long way in making you feel happier and in harmony with the world.
18. Walking is the most universally recommended activity, convenient and a safe form of exercise for diabetics.
19. In its effort to introduce and exhibit Filipino ingenuity, a group of Batanguenos is presenting an impressive array of products showcasing their creativity.
20. The artist's house is surrounded by trees, so it's easy to immerse himself in the natural surroundings to get good design ideas.
21. After living in the province for a while, you quickly realize that a getaway to quiet the nerves and relax the senses is necessary to cope with the chaotic pace in the city.
22. With most of us spending most of our lives indoors, a green building is the healthy, responsible, common-sense choice for a better life, while addressing our concerns on the environment.
a.) Open field
b.) Open air
c.) In a house or building
23. An interior decorator debunks the common misconception in this country that moving and settling in takes only a week.
24. The body gets its fuel from glucose by breaking down the carbohydrates you eat.
25. Around a man-made lagoon just beyond the beach club are casitas, which offer topnotch accommodations to beach club members and guests, as well as round-the-clock room service.
26. His remark elicited different reactions from the crowd.
27. The recipient of a study grant abroad is a newcomer in the company.
28. When some ugly rumors spread in the neighborhood, he immediately relinquished his position in the association.
b.) Gave up
29. The street sweepers and the garbage collectors belong to the unsung heroes in the our society.
30. The magazine comes out fortnightly.
a.) Every four weeks
b.) Every four months
c.) Every two weeks
d.) Every two months
31. He rushed out of the room because he cannot take his employer's expletives.
c.) Dirty words
32. The police run after two ambulant vendors who threw their litters on the side-walk.
b.) Occupying the sidewalk
c.) Very noisy
d.) Moving about from place to place
33. Green juice made by blending different combinations of fruits and vegetables flush out toxins from the body.
34. His creations are characterized by elegance, artistic grace and dainty delicacy.
a.) Stylishly beautiful
b.) Very attractive
c.) Exquisitely fine in appearance
d.) Artistically excellent
35. Upon seeing the police officer, he scampered away leaving all his belongings on the sidewalk.
36. There was a small dent in the hood of the victim's car.
37. The bus abruptly stopped creating frightened shriek from the passengers.
38. All the female guests in the party gravitate towards the very handsome son of the host family.
a.) Be drawn
b.) Be tempted
c.) Move away
39. Because of the cooperation of all barangay officials, the fire was quickly extinguished.
d.) Put out
40. She enrolled in a speech clinic, ameliorating her diction and pronunciation.
Instructions: Choose the letter of the word that is more appropriate to connect the two ideas.
1. As diabetes retina problems get worse, new blood vessels grow ____________ these new blood vessels are weak.
2. The mini-trampoline is a great aerobic training apparatus ___________ can be purchased at most sporting goods stores.
3. Another favorite is a cheese platter __________ you can have a range from strong, pungent cheeses to the soft and creamy.
4. She kept the guest engaged __________ the food was served.
5. We tasted 12 different wines __________ experienced different scents and flavors.
6. Some spices come in ground form _________ makes it rather easy to just measure out a teaspoonful or more to make herbal tea.
7. Mike makes it a point to inform all the members of the family about the project ___________ he begins any renovation project.
8. He packed his things and left ____________ I was sleeping.
9. Everything we need to do can be achieved ____________ we become resourceful enough.
10. The perimeter of the house was planted with different kinds of palm trees __________ shield the windows from the heat and filter the polluted air in the area.
11. Stick to simpler color schemes such as earth tones and neutrals __________ they are soothing to the eyes.
12. I met a yoga teacher ______ offered a practice that was purely organic and feminine, unlike the technical training from yoga institution in our school.
13. She applied for the job __________ she was not sure if her father would allow her to work in other company.
14. As of press time, the unit is being renovated _________ the owner had to wait for the former tenant's lease to expire.
15. Filipinos generally loves to eat, ________ we should do so because we want to share and celebrate our culinary heritage with our family.
16. The traditional kesong puti is fresh __________ it has a solid texture, soft consistency, and a salty, sweet creamy taste.
17. Christmas is the time of the year for merry-making, song and dance, food and drink to overflow, and yet, ____________ of this outward show, there is a special meaning underneath all of our merriment.
a.) In spite
18. You can break up your activity into 10-minute chunks, _______ long as you're doing your activity at a moderate intensity.
19. Some people get comfortable in a lifestyle that they can afford to give up, ___________ realize just how hard it is to be an entrepreneur and never try.
20. Selling is absolutely critical to your success, __________ if you have an aversion to it, you'd better get over that fast.
21. What is not healthy about sibling rivalry is when children learn to express sibling rivalry through hostile acts, _________ may be unintentionally taught by parents themselves.
22. The State recognizes the vital role of the youth in nation building ___________ according to our national hero, the youth is the hope of the land.
23. It's underrated as a form of exercise, __________ walking is ideal for people of all ages and fitness levels who want to be more active.
24. When walking wear loose-fitting clothing __________ allows you to move freely.
25. High-impact aerobic can generate vertical impact forces similar to running, ____________, the impact forces are delivered mostly to the forefoot.
26.They left very early, ______, the heavy traffic in EDSA prevented them from arriving on time.
27. They received their bonus early _________ they were able to finish their deadline ahead of time.
28. Mark puts his cell phone on his pocket ____________ he sees his teacher approaching him.
29. Sam lends his friend a big amount of money ____________ if he is sure his friend will not pay it back.
30. He is not going _________ you tell him to.
1. The shelf life of kesong puti ____________ from one to two days from purchase at room temperature to one week when refrigerated, to an indefinite period when frozen., but its quality and texture ________________ if it is kept for a long period of time.
a.) Ranges - deteriorates
b.) Ranges - deteriorate
c.) Ranged - deteriorate
d.) Range - deteriorate
e.) Ranges - deteriorated
2. The biologist ____________ that the Kyoto grass, also known as black grass, can ____________ all kinds of weather conditions and ____________ lush even in cold months.
a.) Explains - tolerate - stay
b.) Explained - tolerates - stay
c.) Explains - tolerate - stays
d.) Explain - tolerated - stays
e.) Explains - tolerate - stay
3. The walls in the rooms were _____________ in a cool color, light green, which is ____________ to the eyes.
a.) Painted - soothing
b.) Painted - soothe
c.) Paints - soothing
d.) Paint - soothing
e.) Painting - soothing
4. Many natural born entrepreneurs are ___________ with a mind that is an idea-_____________ machine.
a.) Bless - generating
b.) Bless - inventing
c.) Blessed - making
d.) Blessed - generating
5. Everyone has a need for some level of certainty, so if you can't ___________ it in your business, _________ on finding it elsewhere.
a.) Find - plan
b.) Finds - plan
c.) Found - plan
d.) Find - plans
6. Many farms also ______ machines, which _____ down on the number of people needed to farm the land.
a.) Uses - cut
b.) Use - cut
c.) Used - cut
d.) Use - cuts
7. The leaves of the tree _________ sunlight and _____ water and food from the roots to make the tree grow and to reproduce.
a.) Take in - use
b.) Take in - uses
c.) Takes in - uses
d.) Takes in - used
8. When Ondoy _____ Manila hard in 2009, a good Samaritan __________ his Land Rover to help with relief operations in Marikina and Pasig, because it's the only the vehicle that can do the job during those critical hours.
a.) Hits - uses
b.) Hits - used
c.) Hit - used
d.) Hits - using
9. We _______ use fake ingredients or things that _______ perfume last long.
a.) Don't - makes
b.) Don't - make
c.) Didn't - make
d.) Doesn't - make
10. I feel that even if we are ________ to do a lot of things, not everybody ___________ be happy with our performance.
a.) Able - will
b.) Able - shall
c.) Able - would
d.) Able - should
11. After several failures, Pablo _________ to go back to school and _________ his MBA at the number one university in Japan.
a.) Decided - take up
b.) Decide - takes up
c.) Decides - took up
d.) Decided - takes up
12. At times, a sibling _________ bad because of the perception that the other one __________ better treatment, like being given more material things.
a.) will feel - get
b.) will feel - gets
c.) would feel - gets
d.) will feel - got
13. Some fathers ________ that making their children tough will enable them to __________ in a hostile world.
a.) Thought - survive
b.) Thinks - survives
c.) Think - survives
d.) Think - survive
14. It all ________ with being conscious about depression and the willingness to accept that you _________ help.
a.) Begin - need
b.) Begun - need
c.) Begins - needs
d.) Begins - need
15. If there is one hotel in the country that clearly __________ and ___________ the history of its host country, it would be the Manila hotel.
a.) Reflects - mirrors
b.) Reflected - mirrored
c.) Reflect - mirror
d.) Reflects - mirror
16. Some foreign fruit and herb extracts _________ added because of their potency in helping improve health and wellness, as well as _________ the taste of the drink.
a.) were - enhanced
b.) was - enhance
c.) were - enhance
d.) was - enhances
17. Medical science ______ to look at the cause of illness purely from the physical standpoint because it _______ man simply as a machine composed of electrical circuits and chemical interactions.
a.) Tend - regard
b.) Tends - regards
c.) Tends - regarded
d.) Tend - regards
18. A human being cannot be _________ from any of his various components or parts without _________ injury or harm to his whole being.
a.) Separated - causing
b.) Separate - causing
c.) Separated - cause
d.) Separates - causing
19. His story is so fantastic it __________ more like ___________ script from a soap opera than true happenings from real life.
a.) Sound - borrowed
b.) Sound - borrows
c.) Sounds - borrows
d.) Sounds - borrowed
20. He __________ one of those individuals who ________ it a point to leave a sterling record of hardwork and conscientious behaviour in his trail.
a.) Became - made
b.) Became - make
c.) Becomes - makes
d.) Becomes - made
21. His popularity was so extensive it __________ one guest to __________ him to work for his hotel in the Middle East.
a.) Propel - invite
b.) Propelled - invite
c.) Propels - invite
d.) Propelled - invites
22. Having __________ a name in the hotel industry in Dubai, he _________ of bringing it to another level.
a.) Built - thought
b.) Builds - thinks
c.) Build - thought
d.) Built - think
23. She _________ everything in teaching, even her secrets in baking and chocolate arts because she __________ that it's a win-win situation for her and her students.
a.) Gave - knows
b.) Gave - know
c.) Gives - knows
d.) Give - knows
24. It is then that we _________ questioning whether the life we have __________ and the goals we are pursuing are what we truly want.
a.) Started - created
b.) Start - created
c.) Started - create
d.) Start - create
25. The desire to _________ down is obviously something that __________ at a certain stage of life.
a.) Slow - comes
b.) Slow - come
c.) Slows - comes
d.) Slows - come
26. He sells his _______ at a staggering _______.
a.) Price - prize
b.) Prize - prices
c.) Prized - prices
d.) Prize - price
27. He _______ that his ________ have a scientific basis.
a.) Believes - believe
b.) Believe - beliefs
c.) Believes - belief
d.) Beliefs - believe
28. The teacher _________ something he ________ was right.
a.) Thought - taught
b.) Taught - thought
c.) Taught - think
d.) Thought - thought
29. He was _________ not to give ________ when it is not sought.
a.) Adviced - advise
b.) Advised - adviced
c.) Advised - advice
d.) Adviced - advised
30. He ___________ a new method of __________ to the changing weather.
a.) Adapted - adopting
b.) Adopted - adapting
c.) Adopted - adopting
d.) Adapted - adapting
SOME CONTENTS ARE MISSING.
Save your time and read this reviewer using your phone, laptop or computer. Buy the FULL COPY OF THIS EBOOK at https://payhip.com/b/AX5n