Home » Articles » Civil Documents

How to Request or Apply Petition for Change of Name of Civil Documents in Cebu...

Having problem or want to change your name or entries in your birth certificate, or other civil documents? Read this article. This provides you essential information and steps to do on requesting for correction of entry or entries of your civil documents in Cebu, Philippines.

Petition to Change Your Name? Follow the Procedures below...

This service caters any petition from concerned clients for a correction of entry or change of first name of civil documents through R.A. 9048.
CLIENT/S : Concerned person/s or authorized representative

Atty. Evangeline T. Abatayo, Civil Registrar
Louella N. Dejito, Registration Officer
Contact/Telephone Number: 232-6664
LOCATION : Office of the City Civil Registrar (OCCR) Cebu City

AVAILABILITY :  Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM - 5: 00 PM

DURATION OF THE SERVICE:  17 days & 20 minutes

  1. Petition for CCE
    • Accomplished Petition Form RA9048 1.1(CCE)
    • If petitioner is not document owner or parents then attach Power-of-Attorney;
    • Certificate of Birth (NSO copy)
    • Certificate of Birth (Local copy)
    • At least two (2) of the following:
      • Baptismal Certificate
      • COMELEC Voter’s record
      • GSIS or SSS record
      • Driver’s License
      • Land Title/Certificate Transfer of Title
      • School Record
      • Bank Records
      • Others (as required by the Civil Registrar)
    • Required Clearances, to wit:
      • Certificate of Employment with no pending administrative case (for employed) or Affidavit of Unemployment (for unemployed applicants);  Business permit (self-employed)
      • NBI Clearance
      • PNP Clearance
  2. Petition for Change of Name
    • Accomplished Petition form RA9048 4.1 (CFN)
    • If Petitioner is not the document owner or parents then attach Power-of-Attorney;
    • Certificate of Birth (NSO copy)
    • Certificate of Birth (Local copy)
    • At least two (2) of the following public or private documents upon which correction shall be based, to wit:
      • Baptismal Certificate
      • COMELEC Voter’s Affidavit/record
      • Employment Record
      • GSIS or SSS record
      • Medical Record
      • Business Record
      • Driver’s License
      • Land Title/Certificate of Land Transfer
      • Insurance Record
      • Bank passbook
      • Others (as required by the Civil Registrar)
FEE/S (How much does it cost?) : Petition for Change of Name through RA 9048
  1. Filing Fee for CFN ..................... P 3,000.00
  2. Mailing Fee ................................P 80.00
  3. Endorsement Fee ......................P     250.00
For Migrant Petitions (Out-of-Town applications)
Migrant Petitions Fee ...................... P   500.00

Follow these steps…
Wait while Person-in-charge…

It will take…
1. Submit accomplished Petition  for CCE or CFN and required supporting papers to 1st Floor RA9048 Receiving table.
1. Receives & assess documents.
Ridolito Ybañez
10-15 minutes
2. Gives return slip & endorsed
for 10-day posting.
Elizabeth Uriarte
5 minutes
3. Notice of Posting typed and attached to documents, dated and
10 days
4. Posted documents are endorsed to Civil Registrar for Evaluation of Petition and decision.
Evangeline Abatayo
1 day - 5 days
5. Approved petition forwarded to NSO-OCRG for approval
1 day - 2 days
6.  Petition evaluated by NSO-OCRG and approval/disapproval returned via mail to Civil Registrar
5 months
7.Mailed petition received and logged
5 minutes
8.  Approved/disapproved petition segregated and Certificate of Finality prepared
April A. Jayme
5 minutes
9. Certificate of Finality and pertinent documents mailed back to NSO-OCRG
April A. Jayme
5 minutes
10. Final approved petition  released to petitioner
April A. Jayme15 minutes
11. Erroneous record updated  with approved correction
April A. Jayme4 hours
2. Get copy of updated civil documents.

Source: Cebu City Citizen's Guidebook
This information appeared first on the 2009 Version of the Cebu City Citizen's Guidebook published by the Cebu City Government through the efforts of the Mayor's Management Team.


Please support us in writing articles like this by sharing this post

Share this post to your Facebook, Twitter, Blog, or any social media site. In this way, we will be motivated to write articles you like.

--- NOTICE ---
If you want to use this article or any of the content of this website, please credit our website (www.affordablecebu.com) and mention the source link (URL) of the content, images, videos or other media of our website.

"How to Request or Apply Petition for Change of Name of Civil Documents in Cebu" was written by Mary under the Civil Documents category. It has been read 13589 times and generated 1 comments. The article was created on and updated on 12 January 2011.
Total comments : 12
king [Entry]

mam,sir tnung q lang poh kung mahaba poh ba ang proseso ng [pagpapalit ng pangalan
michelle t. manzalay [Entry]

hi hello mam,sir itatanong ko lang po pwede ko po ba palitan ang apelyido ang anak ko nakaapelyido sa tatay hindi po kame kasal pwede ko na po palitan ang apelyido niya hiwalay na po kame ng asawa ko please help me............txt asap?
babygirl gargar [Entry]

Hello ma'am.good eve.
I have a problem about my name.how can i change my first name babygirl to mary jane? In local birth certifiacate copy my name stated is mary jane but in NSO is babygirl?
babygirl gargar [Entry]

Hello ma'am..how can i change first name babygirl to mary jane.?in local copy of certificate my name is mary jane but in nso is babygirl?
Eugen Masong [Entry]

How Can i Change my Gender To Female
dollz09 [Entry]

hello po how can i change my name from DALISAY TO DAPHNE? PLEASE HELP!
Renelyn [Entry]

I wanted to know on how to work on this.. my boyfriend First name is reflecting on his local copy of birth cert however his first name is no longer showing on his birth certificate under NSO copy?
Maria Theresa T. Ygonia [Entry]

Dear Atty. Evangeline T. Abatayo

I have a problem regarding my first name.from Ma.Theresa to Maria Theresa.I already sent your office my requirements. I am from Sto. Tomas, Davao del Norte. IThe LCR Sto. Tomas sent it May 2012.no response from your office. They sent again last October 2013. I am waiting for your response atty. if my requirements were complete or not. Please help me. I need it badly.

Thank You,
Maria Theresa T. Ygonia
Junessa Paires [Entry]

Dear Atty. Evangeline T. Abatayo

I have a problem with the spelling of my middle name as appearing in my birth certificate. The correct spelling of my middle name is “Menguito” but it was mistyped in my birth certificate as “Mingueto”. I already filed with the office of the Local Civil Registry of Cebu City my application for correction of my name, but until now I have not received any feedback as to whether they granted my application or not. I just want to know whether I have other options in correcting the error in my middle name. Thank you and more power as soon as possible for the requirements of my application in abroad as soon as posible.

Please help me with my concern..

Thank you,

Junessa Paires
jennifer sescon [Entry]

hi i just want to ask how can i get petition form cce and cfn? is there a form where u can just download and print it to internet? please let me know.

thank u
ruben niez ortega [Entry]

how can i change my name from baby to ruben
Jemmaima C. Albit [Entry]

How can I change my name from GEMMA TO JEMMAIMA