The enclosed Water Conservation Tips issued by the MWSS shall be posted in conspicuous places within every school/DepEd office vicinity where water can be tapped/sourced such as canteens, drinking areas, toilets/bathrooms, gardens among others to remind all employees, learners and members of the school community. These tips shall also be discussed during the Health Education class.
The savings to be generated on this initiative shall be used to finance priority programs and projects of this Department.
WATER CONSERVATION TIPS
A. Building Water Conservation Tips
- Keep the plumbing system in good working condition;
- Recycle water from the steam boilers as boiling feedwater or use them to flush toilets or to clean/mop the floors;
- Install meters on areas with high water consumption to allow determination of any reduction in consumption when water reduction programs are put in place;
- Install shut-off on water hoses or low volume/high pressure nozzles (LVHP) or flow constrictors on faucets and showers to save on water;
- Install water catchment basins on downspouts and air conditioning systems;
- Close water gate valves when not in use (e.g. Saturdays and Sundays);
- Give only the right amount of water to customers who request for water and use the residual water to water plants, to clean buildings, surroundings or floors;
- Post water conservation tips on conspicuous places within the compound; and
- Report immediately any unabated leaks to water concessionaire (e.g. Maynilad with hotline no.: 1626 or Manila Water with hotline no.: 1627).
- Report to repair running toilets and leaky faucets;
- Turn off the faucet while brushing teeth and shaving;
- Take shorter showers;
- Don't let the water run unabated while washing the dishes and/or when not in use;
- Use dipper from pail instead of running water from shower when taking a bath; and
- Use recyled water (e.g. water used from dishwashing) for flushing toilet bowls.
- Water the plants and lawn early in the morning or late in the afternoon when it's cooler. Don't water the plants during windy days or high noon; and
- Don't water the lawn often. Never soak the lawn, for grass does not need a lot of water.