The Contest aims to provide an opportunity for children worldwide to understand Asian people's daily life through illustrated diaries or Enikki in Japanese.
The participants to this Contest are elementary school children aged 6-12 who are enrolled from both public and private schools. They will show to other Asian children their daily life and culture by means of a five-page illustrated diary. The Festa will feature the illustrated diaries of children from 24 countries throughout Asia.
The National Screening Committee in each participating country will send eight (8) "Enikki" from the submitted entries to be sent to Japan where an International Screening Committee will select the final winners. From each of the 24 countries, one entry will be awarded the Grand Prix Award, three (3) entries for the Organizers' Award and four (4) entries for the Excellence Award. The Grand Prix winner with one (1) guardian will be invited to join the Asia Study Tour in Kobe, Japan with all expenses free as part of the prize.
The contest rules and regulations are contained in Enclosure No. 1 and the official entry form in Enclosure No. 2.
For more information, interested individuals may contact:
The SecretariatMitsubishi Asian Children's Enikki FestaBureau of Elementary Education, Department of EducationRoom 208, 2nd Floor, Bonifacio Building, DepEd ComplexMeralco Avenue, Pasig CityTelephone No.: (02) 638-4799
Mitsubishi Asian Children's Enikki Festa 2012-2013
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. All Filipino school-children ages 6-12 regularly enrolled during the school-year 2012-2013 in all public and private elementary schools are qualified to join.
2. Each entry should consist of five pages. Each page should contain a drawing and a short essay/description of an event in the child's daily life. This is called an ENIKKI in Japanese (Illustrated Diaries). An Enikki portrays daily events and thoughts in the form of a picture and a short essay.
3. The theme of the contest is "Here is My Life." Show your friends in Asia how you enjoy your daily life by means of ENIKKI, a five-day illustrated diary. Draw and write freely about any topic such as your favorite games, your school life and happy memories, your family, local festivals, nature, climate and traditional performing arts. Do not draw or write about a similar topic on all five pages. Each page should depict a different topic.
4. Entries should be drawn on drawing paper or white cartolina measuring 297 mm x 210 mm approximately 11 ¾ x 8 ¼ inches used vertically. The ratio of the space of the picture to the essay should be approximately 2:1, with the essay about 3-5 lines in length at the bottom of the page as shown in the diagram. The essay should be in Filipino and in the handwriting of the participant. Do not use the back side.
5. Watercolor, crayon, poster paint, oil pastel, craypas, pentel pen, colored pencil, etc., or any combination of several media may be used.
6. Submit entry together with the ENTRY FORM. Paste the entry form on a separate sheet of paper. The five pages of drawings should be loose. Do not bind, staple or paste together. Write your name at the back of each of the five pages and number them consecutively 1-5 also at the back.
7. All entries must be submitted on or before the close of office hours (5:00 p.m.) on Friday, November 30, 2012 to:
The Secretariat, MITSUBISHI ASIAN CHILDREN'S ENIKKI FESTACurriculum Development Division, Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE)Department of Education (DepEd)Room 208, 2nd Floor Bonifacio Bldg., DepEd Complex,Meralco Ave., Pasig CityTel. No. 638-4799
8. The National Screening Committee shall select eight (8) winning entries (no ranking shall be made) to be sent to Japan for final screening by the International Screening Committee who shall select the final winners.
The final winners shall receive the following awards:
GRAND PRIX: (1 winner per participating country)
- Free Trip to Kobe, Japan with one guardian to attend the Award Ceremony
- Certificate of Commemoration and a Commemorative medal;
EXCELLENCE AWARD: (4 winners per participating country)
- Mitsubishi Public Affairs Committee Award (1 winner per participating country) - Certificate of Commemoration and a Commemorative gift
- Asian Pacific Federation of UNESCO Clubs and Associations Award (1 winner per participating country) - Certificate of Commemoration and a Commemorative gift
- National Federation of UNESCO Associations in Japan Award (1 winner per participating country) - Certificate of Commemoration and a Commemorative gift
- Certificate of Award and Commemorative gift
10. Non-winning participants will receive a Certificate of Participation and a gift from the National Executive Committee.
11. Participating countries are:
- People's Republic of China
- Indonesia, Kazakhstan
- Republic of Korea
- Lao Peoples' Democratic Republic
- Malaysia, Maldives
- Sri Lanka
12. Application Forms will be distributed through the following centers:
The Secretariat, MITSUBISHI ASIAN CHILDREN'S ENIKKI FESTABureau of Elementary Education, Rm. 208, 2nd Floor Bonifacio Bldg.,DepEd Complex, Meralco Ave., Pasig CityDepEd Regional Office (in your locality)c/o Elementary Education DivisionDepEd Division Office (in your locality)c/o Division Art SupervisorYour nearest DepEd District Office/Principal's Office
- Mitsubishi Public Affairs Committee
- Asian Pacific Federation of UNESCO Clubs and Associations
- National Federation of UNESCO Associations in Japan
- Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE)
- Department of Education (DEPED)
- UNESCO National Commission of the Philippines