Numerous individuals may file for bankruptcy due to the swiftly deteriorating economy, increasing medical costs, and job losses.
A person must consider a number of factors before registering for bankruptcy. Consider what chapter of bankruptcy may apply to your case, as well as whether or not that chapter is the best option for you. Before filing for bankruptcy, there are several essential factors to consider, including:
• Locate an attorney: This is the first step you must take. Although there is no legal requirement to employ an attorney for bankruptcy filing, bankruptcy law is extremely complex and frequently subject to change. Even if you want to do it yourself, you may not do it correctly; therefore, you should retain an attorney. Ensure that the attorney has experience handling similar cases, is responsive to your case, and that you feel secure working with him or her.
• File your taxes: While filing for bankruptcy, you must file all of your tax returns, including a copy of your most recent return. If you have failed to file your taxes, you can avoid bankruptcy.
• Continue paying for the things you want to keep: If you file for bankruptcy and want to retain your car, house, or any of your other secured assets, you must continue making payments on your debt.
• Cease making payments on unsecured debts: Unsecured debts are wiped out in bankruptcy, so you have no further liability for them. These unsecured debts include personal loans, credit card obligations, and medical bills. If you have chosen to file for bankruptcy, it makes no sense to pay these debts. It is equivalent to wasting money. Some debts, including most delinquent taxes and student loans, cannot be discharged despite being unsecured. Therefore, you must continue making payments on these debts.
• Obtain a Credit Report: Obtaining a copy of your credit report can help you identify your obligations. This will help you comprehend your entire financial situation, allowing you to determine whether filing for bankruptcy is your best option.
• assemble documents: To prepare a bankruptcy petition, you must assemble a large number of documents, many of which must be received on time. Plan accordingly and start accumulating information about your assets, liabilities, and expenses.""
" - https://www.affordablecebu.com/