As in the previous years, the theme of the contests shall be "My Teacher, My Hero." These contests aim to:
- encourage elementary pupils and high school students to creatively express how much they honor and value their teachers through the use of multimedia; and
- instill awareness and drum up/draw support for the National Teachers' Month and World Teachers' Day celebrations.
The deadline of submission of entries is on September 12, 2012. The mechanics of the contests are contained in the enclosure.
All regional directors (RDs), schools division/city superintendents (SDSs) and school heads (SHs) are enjoined to support this activity by encouraging all schools to participate and submit their entries.
For inquiries, all concerned may contact Executive Director Joey G. Pelaez, DepEd-CSCA at telefax nos.: (02) 636-3603 or (02) 631-8495; or visit facebook accounts: www.facebook.com/depedtmc or www.facebook.com/csca.deped or Mr. Deivid Guian B. Rioferio, Smart Communications, Inc. at telephone no.: (02) 511-2530 or send a message through e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2012 National Teachers' Month and World Teachers' Day Nationwide Poster-Making, Photo and Video-Making Contests
Smart Communications, Inc. has once again partnered with the Department of Education through the Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs in the conduct of various contests nationwide in support of the National Teachers' Month and World Teachers' Day celebrations.
DepEd and Smart Communications, Inc. recognize that the lasting contributions of a teacher to the development of a student is still very important today as it was ages ago. The love of learning that they instill in their students is a valuable gift that lasts a lifetime.
Through these contests, and with the help of social media, teachers will get the recognition and appreciation they so deserve on their special day. More so, we will be able to highlight our teachers' far-reaching and profound influence in our society being the front-liners of education and learning.
Being online contests, the pupils' and students' outputs can be shared easily with friends, family and the community, making our teachers' day celebrations as widely observed as Mother's Day and Fathers' Day. This will also help build awareness and support for the National Teachers' Month and World Teachers' Day.
The theme for the contests is "My Teacher, My Hero".
The contests seek to achieve the following objectives:
A. To encourage elementary pupils and high school students to creatively express, through media, how much they honor and value their teachers; and,B. To instill awareness and drum up support for the National Teachers' Month and World Teachers' Day celebration.
IV. CONTEST GUIDELINES
A. General Guidelines
- The contests are open to both public and private schools.
- Each school should submit only one entry per contest. Should there be more than one entry, the school shall select from among the entries.
- Except for the Video Contest, an entry shared by two or more individuals is not allowed.
- Participants may join only one contest.
- Entries must be original, recent, student-produced and unpublished.
- It must reflect the theme and effectively convey why he/she regards a particular teacher his/her hero.
- The following must be submitted together with the entry:
- Title of the Entry
- Complete Name of the Student
- Contact Number, preferably mobile number
- Home Address
- Grade/Year Level
- Name of School
- School's Contact Number
- School Address
- Full name of teacher who inspired the entry, and state whether still in service, retired or deceased.
- A Certification/Honor Pledge of the School Head that the participant is a bonafide pupil/student of the school; that the entry was specifically made by the pupil/student for the 2012 National Teachers' Month and World Teachers' Day; and that the entry has not been submitted to any similar competition.
- Duly labeled entries must be sent to the DepEd-CSCA Office, 119 Mabini Building, DepEd Central Office, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City personally or thru courier on or before the deadline.
- Only entries with the required information and sent to the given address will be deemed valid.
- All contest materials submitted shall be the property of the organizers.
- Decision of the Judges is final and irrevocable.
B. Specific GuidelinesPoster-Making Contest
- This contest is intended for Elementary Pupils.
- Contestants may use their preferred medium (oil, watercolor, acrylic, pastel, crayon, pen and ink). Three dimensional art materials, however, are not allowed.
- The entry must be made on a one-fourth ('/4) illustration board.
- This contest is intended for High School students.
- The photo must be digitally taken in JPEG format and must be set in the highest possible resolution of the camera.
- The use of any photo software to add elements or to significantly alter the image is not allowed. However, the participant may use the different modes and creative effects of the camera.
- Cropping, resizing, adjusting the brightness and contrast of the photo can be tolerated.
- The photo should not contain any signature, watermarks or any form of identification of the contestant.
- Besides the given mailing address, only entries for this contest may be submitted through email@example.com.
- Before sending as an e-mail attachment, name the file with the student's First and Last Name (e.g. Juan dela Cruz.jpg)
- This contest is intended for High School students.
- The total running time of the video must be a maximum of one (1) minute.
- The video should be in common compatible formats taken using DV cameras, Handycams, Web camera, Mobile Phones, DSLRs and other video-capturing devices.
- Photo slide shows will not be accepted.
- Make sure that the video is a Data File before burning it to a duly labeled CD or DVD.
- The quality of the entry, once uploaded, will depend on the quality of the video/audio submitted to the organizers.
V. VOTING PROCEDURE
A. The contest entries or finalists will be uploaded to the following Facebook Pages for public viewing and online voting:
Poster-Making Entries www.facebook.com/depedmtmc Photo Entries www.facebook.com/csca.deped Video-Making Entries www.facebook.com/joeygpelaez
B. To vote, users must be followers of the Facebook page first to see the voting tab located below the cover photo.C. Vote for the entry of your choice by clicking the button at the left side of every entry.Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page to officially cast the vote.D. Users may only vote once. Using multiple/fictitious accounts to vote is strictlyprohibited. However, users may invite others by clicking on "Post on your wall" or"Invite friends" after submitting the vote.E. All information provided during the voting process will be kept confidential and will only be used by the administrators for verification of accounts.
Judging shall be based on the following criteria:
Creativity and Originality 30% Relevance to the theme 20% Clarity of Message and Social Impact 30% Online votes 20%Photo Contest
Creativity and Originality 30% Relevance to the theme 20% Photographic Quality 30% Online Votes 20%Video-Making Contest
Substance and Originality 40% Relevance to the theme 20% Production Value 20% Online Votes 20%
Participants must have at least 1,000 votes to qualify in the finals. The calculation for the Online Vote criterion will depend on the number of participants with at least a thousand votes.
For example, thirty percent (30%) will be given to the Video-Making Contest finalist with the most number of votes.
Depending on the number of finalists, the participant with the second highest number of votes will receive the second highest possible score, the third highest will receive the third highest possible score and so on.
Prizes courtesy of Smart Communications, Inc. through Smart Bro and Talk `N Text will be awarded to the winners.
They shall also receive the following from the Department of Education:
Rank Student First Place PhP10,000 and a certificate Second Place PhP8,000 and a certificate Third Place PhP5,000 and a certificate
The School Head and the Teacher who inspired the entry shall also receive a certificate and a prize.
A. The deadline for submission of entries is on September 12, 2012.B. Official contest entries will be open for online voting starting September 15 to September 30, 2012.C. Announcement of winners will be on October 3, 2012.D. The awarding will be on October 5, 2012 during the World Teachers' Day Celebration at The Atrium, Limketkai Center, Cagayan de Oro City.