The Department of Education (DepEd) through the National Educators
Academy of the Philippines (NEAP) shall administer simultaneously the
2011 National Qualifying Examination for School Heads (NQESH) on October
The 2011 NQESH is open to all aspirants for Principal I position and all applicants under the Reclassification of School Heads Position (RSHP) as announced in DepEd Memorandum No. 257, s. 2010.
The examination shall serve as a mechanism for selecting competent school heads in the public basic education sector who will perform their functions upon assumption to duty.
This NQESH will cover the following dimensions of school leadership:
The time allocation for the entire examination which is comprised of 170 items shall be three (3) hours and 30 minutes.
- School Leadership;
- Instructional Leadership;
- Creating a Learning Climate;
- Professional Human Resource Development;
- Parent Involvement in Building Communities;
- School Management and Daily Operations;
- Personal Integrity and Interpersonal Sensitivity;
- English Language Proficiency; and
- Reading Comprehension.
The aspirant must have an experience of at least five (5) years in the aggregate as Head Teacher, Teacher-in-Charge, Master Teacher and Teacher III, consistent with DepEd Memorandum No. 140, s. 2009.
The following are the deadlines and guidelines in the filing and processing of application forms:
The amount of registration fee, collection and guidelines in the transfer of funds to NEAP CO are as follows:
- The deadline for filing the application form at the respective division offices (DOs) shall be on or before September 15, 2011;
- All regional offices (ROs) shall submit the complete list of applicants to the NEAP Central Office on or before September 20, 2011;
- The ROs are advised to farm out the template of the application form to the DOs for reproduction;
- All aspirants shall secure a copy of the application form from their respective DOs and file the same at the DO where the application form has been secured;
- The DOs shall be responsible in processing the application forms to determine the qualifications and eligibility of the applicants who will take the 2011 NQESH; and
- There shall be no extension of the deadline of filing application forms at the DOs as well as the transmittal of the list of examinees to the NEAP Central Office (CO).
The RDs are requested to designate a Regional Coordinator who will be responsible in overseeing and supervising the preparation and in the actual conduct of the examination at the regional level. The name of the Regional Coordinator- designate shall be transmitted to the NEAP not later than June 30, 2011.
- The registration fee is placed at Eight Hundred Fifty Pesos (PhP850.00) to defray various costs relative to the conduct of the examination e.g. production of scannable test booklets, computerized generation of the results, airfreight and handling fees of scannable test booklets, communications, transportation expenses of the examination teams from NEAP, honorarium of all staff from the NEAP CO, ROs and DOs involved in the pre-post work and actual conduct of the examination, development and production of Examiners Manual, item writing workshops, supplies and materials, administration and management costs, among others;
- The registration fees shall be collected by the NEAP in the Regional Competency Assessment Unit/Regional Testing Center and each examinee shall be issued a corresponding official receipt by the collecting Regional Center/NEAP in the Region;
- The total amount collected shall then be transferred by the NEAP in the Regional Testing Center to the NEAP CO upon transmittal to the former of a Billing Statement by the latter; and
- The funds shall be transferrred to the NEAP CO three (3) days after receipt of the Billing Statement. The NEAP CO shall issue an official receipt upon submission of evidence of transfer of funds by the NEAP in the Regional Testing Center.
The NEAP shall set the National Planning Workshop and Orientation of Regional Coordinators to discuss the pre-post work requirements and actual conduct of the examination to ensure timely execution of examination related activities in order to achieve a smooth and orderly conduct of the 2011 NQESH. The exact date and venue of the workshop will be announced through a DepEd Advisory to be issued by the NEAP Central Office.
The examination will be held simultaneously on October 30, 2011 in the following testing centers from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon:
|Region||Regional Testing Center||Location|
|I||La Union National High School||San Fernando City, La Union|
|II||Cagayan National High School||Tuguegarao City|
|III||Angeles Central Elementary School||San Fernando, Angeles City|
|IV-A||To Be Announced (TBA)||TBA|
|V||Tabaco National High School||Tabaco City|
|VI||Iloilo National High School (INHS)|
Negros Occidental National High School (NONHS)
|VII||Abellana National High School||Cebu City|
|VIII||Leyte National High School||Tacloban City|
|IX||Zamboanga City High School (Main)||Zamboanga City|
|X||Cagayan de Oro City High School||Cagayan de Oro City|
|XI||Davao City National High School||Davao City|
|XII||Koronadal National High School||Koronadal, South Cotabato|
|NCR||San Francisco High School||Misamis Street, Bago Bantay, Quezon City|
|CAR||Baguio City National High School||Baguio City|
All examinees from ARMM can file their apllication forms and can take the examination in any of the following ROs: IX, X, XI and XII.
To ensure the smooth conduct and integrity of the examination, the NEAP CO personnel and staff have crafted the following guidelines for strict compliance of the Regional Testing Coordinators:
All staff who will be involved in the preparation and administration of the examination shall come from the regional and division offices and from the NEAP Central Office.
- assign only 24 examinees in every testing room;
- designate at least one (1) chief examiner;
- assign one (1) supervising examiner for every three (3) testing rooms;
- allocate one (1) examiner and one (1) proctor per testing room;
- provide a secure and spacious area for test booklet distribution and retrieval;
- assign one (1) roving general errand staff for every ten (10) testing rooms;
- provide medical staff and legal officer;
- ensure all testing rooms are well-lighted and avoid assigning testing rooms across or right beside a rest room;
- avoid the use of children's desk as examination chairs; and
- avoid the use of laboratory rooms as testing rooms.
For further inquiries, please contact Mr. Antonio G. Ordovez, Jr., National Project Manager, NEAP at mobile phone no.: 0918-3367-467 or Mr. Eric Herrera, Resource Coordinator at telephone nos.: (02) 635-47-96.
Here's the most anticipated complete list of passers of the 2011 NQESH/NQEP. Click below to download the full list.
Are you one of the passers? How do you feel that you've passed? Please share to us your feelings in the comments below. Congratulations to all the passers!