The 2012 NQESH is open to all aspirants for Principal I position and all applicants under the Reclassification of School Heads Position (RSHP) as required under DepEd Order No. 97, s. 2011 entitled "Revised Guidelines on the Allocation and Reclassification of School Head Positions."
The examination shall serve as a mechanism for selecting competent school heads in the public basic education sector who will perform their functions upon assumption to duty. The aspirant must have an experience of at least five (5) years in the aggregate as head teacher, teacher-in-charge, master teacher and teacher III, consistent with DepED Memorandum No. 140, s. 2009 entitled "Corrigendum to DepED Memorandum No. 97, s. 2009 (2009 National Qualifying Examination for Principals)."
The NQESH will cover the following dimensions of school leadership:
- School Leadership;
- Instructional Leadership;
- Creating A Learning Climate;
- Professional Human Resource Development;
- Parent Involvement and Building Communities;
- School Management and Daily Operations;
- Personal Integrity and Interpersonal Sensitivity;
- English Language Proficiency; and
- Reading Comprehension.
The time allocation for the examination shall be three (3) hours and fifteen (15) minutes.
The following are the deadlines and guidelines in the filing and processing of application forms:
- The deadline for filing the application form at the respective division offices (DOs) shall be on or before October 11, 2012;
- All regional offices (ROs) shall submit the list of applicants to the NEAP Central Office on or before October 15, 2012 through depedneap email@example.com;
- The ROs are advised to send or farm out the template of the application form to the DOs for reproduction;
- All aspirants shall secure a copy of the application form from their respective DOs and file the same at the DO where the application form has been secured;
- The DOs shall be responsible in processing the application forms to determine the qualifications and eligibility of the aspirants who will take the 2012 NQESH; and
- There shall be no extension of the deadline of filing of application forms at the DOs as well as the transmittal of the list of examinees to the NEAP Central Office (CO).
The amount of registration fees, collections and guidelines in the transfer of funds to NEAP CO are as follows:
- The registration fee is placed at Eight Hundred Fifty Pesos (PhP850.00) to defray various costs relative to the administration of the examination, e.g. production of scannable test booklets, automated generation and processing of the results, airfreight and handling fees of scannable test booklets, communications, transportation expenses of examination teams from NEAP CO, honoraria of all staff from CO, ROs, DOs, involved in the pre-post work and actual conduct of the examination, development and production of Examiners Manual, item writers workshop, certificates of rating, supplies and materials, administration and management cost, among others;
- The registration fees shall be collected by the NEAP Personnel in the Regional Testing Competency Assessment Unit/Regional Testing Center and each examinee shall be issued a corresponding official receipt by the collecting staff/ personnel from the Regional Center/ NEAP in the Region; and
- The total collection shall then be transferred by the Regional NEAP to the NEAP CO three (3) days after receipt of the Billing Statement from the latter. An official receipt will be issued by the NEAP CO upon submission of evidence of transfer of funds by the Regional NEAP.
The RDs shall designate a Regional Coordinator who will be responsible in overseeing and supervising the preparation and the actual administration of the examination at the regional level. The name of the Regional Coordinator-designate should be transmitted to the NEAP CO not later than August 4, 2012.
To ensure a smooth and orderly conduct of the 2012 NQESH, the NEAP CO shall conduct the National Planning Workshop and Orientation of Regional Coordinators to discuss the pre-work requirements and mechanics during the actual conduct of the examination related activities. The exact date and venue of the workshop and orientation will be announced through a DepEd Advisory to be issued by the NEAP CO.
The examination will be held on November 11, 2012 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. simultaneously in the following testing centers:
|I||La Union National High School||San Fernando City, La Union|
|II||Cagayan National High School||Tuguegarao City|
|III||Angeles Central Elementary School||San Fernando, Angeles City|
|IV-A||Pedro Guevara Central School||Sta. Cruz, Laguna|
|IV-B||Puerto Princesa National High School||Puerto Princesa City|
|V||Tabaco National High School||Tabaco City|
|VI||Iloilo National High School||Iloilo City|
|VII||Abellana National High School||Cebu City|
|VIII||Leyte National High School||Tacloban City|
|IX||Zamboanga City High School||Zamboanga City|
|X||Cagayan de Oro City High School||Cagayan de Oro City|
|XI||Davao City National High School||Davao City|
|XII||Koronadal National High School||Koronadal, South Cotabato|
|NCR||San Francisco High School||Bago Bantay, Quezon City|
|CAR||Baguio City National High School||Baguio City|
|Caraga||Butuan City National High School||Butuan City|
All examinees from ARMM can file their application forms and can take the examination in the following ROs: IX, X, XI, and XII.
To ensure the smooth conduct and integrity of the examination, the NEAP CO personnel and staff have crafted the following guidelines for strict compliance of the Regional Testing Coordinators:
- assign only 24 examinees in every testing room;
- designate at least one (1) chief examiner;
- assign one (1) supervising examiner for every three (3) testing rooms;
- allocate one (1) examiner and one (1) proctor per test booklet distribution and retrieval;
- provide a secure spacious area for test booklet distribution and retrieval;
- assign one (1) roving general errand staff for every ten (10) testing rooms;
- provide medical staff and legal officer;
- ensure that all testing rooms are well lighted;
- avoid the use of children's desks as examination chairs; and
- refrain from selecting the testing rooms across or right beside a rest room, and laboratory rooms as testing rooms.
All staff who will be involved in the preparation and administration of the examination shall be tapped from the ROs, DOs, and NEAP CO.
For further inquiries, concerned officials, personnel and staff may contact any of the following:
Mr. Antonio G. Ordovez, Jr.
National Project Manager
National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP)
Mobile Phone No.: 09183367467
Mr. Eric Herrera
Resource Coordinator, NEAP
Telephone No.: (02) 635-4796