The training serves, in general, to develop and/or enhance the management and leadership knowledge, skills and attitudes of elected Supreme Student Government (SSG) officers through dynamic plenary sessions, interactive break-out sessions and enriched discussions, and to provide a venue for sharing best practices in the Student Government Program (SGP). In particular, the training commits to align the programs, projects and activities (PPAs) of the SSGs nationwide to the thrusts of His Excellency President Benigno S. Aquino III and the DepEd and to engage SSG officers to implement the PPAs in their schools and communities.
The leadership training aims to:
- expose student-leaders to various leadership concepts and models, and to different leaders and personalities in politics, business and the academe to give them a broader outlook and example in their leadership role;
- harness the potential of the SSG to encourage a vibrant and participative studentry for school and community development and as an effective partner of DepEd in achieving quality education and academic excellence;
- help student-leaders understand the intricacies of leading and managing the school SSGs and adopt relevant courses of action in response to its evolving and emerging roles and functions;
- highlight best practices in running the SSGs;
- formulate a dynamic, feasible, doable and concrete action plan for implementation in the schools based on the mandated PPAs of the SSG pursuant to DepEd Order No. 49, s. 2011 and assist SSG officers in its implementation;
- organize the National Federation of Supreme Student Governments (NFSSG) for School Year 2011-2012; and,
- conduct the National SSG Awards to recognize outstanding SSG implementers of Brigada Eskwela, The Kindergarten Project Donation and Advocacy, and Teachers' Month Campaign and World Teachers' Day.
The travel of the participants shall be on official business. The registration fee for each participant is Five Thousand Pesos (PhP5,000.00) chargeable to school, division, and regional funds, MOOE, Local School Board Funds, Supreme Student Government (SSG) Developmental Fee pursuant to DepEd Order No. 49, s. 2011, PTA Funds or funds sourced from private organizations, subject to its availability and the usual government accounting and auditing rules and regulations. The registration fees collected shall be used to directly pay expenses for accommodation and meals from dinner of Day 0 to breakfast of Day 5, use of venue, light and sound services, honoraria, certificates, medals, trophies, prizes, t-shirts, bags, souvenir programs, tokens, communications, entertainment services, events and consultancy services, purchase of equipment, supplies and materials and other related, necessary and incidental expenses of the program. The participants from the private schools shall make arrangements with their respective schools in connection with their attendance.
All regional directors (RDs), schools division/city superintendents, (SDSs) and School Principals/Heads (SPs/SHs) are encouraged to send participants to the NLTSGO. Allocation for each region is at one hundred sixty (160) participants who are required to pre-register on or before September 30, 2011. The regional and division education supervisors/coordinators of Araling Panlipunan or Student Government Program Coordinators are encouraged to attend the NLTSGO, and to coordinate, form and assist in the requirements of their respective delegation.
The members of the National Organizing Committee (NOC) and Secretariat are authorized to travel three (3) days before and two (2) days after the NLTSGO. Enclosed are the following documents:
Enclosure No. 1 - Pre-Registration Form (PRF)The DepEd-CSCA, through its Head, is authorized to exercise necessary management actions and decisions in the implementation of the NLTSGO.
Enclosure No. 2 - Tentative Schedule of Activities
Enclosure No. 3 - Guidelines for the Training
Enclosure No. 4 - List of the National Organizing Committee and Secretariat which serves as their Authority to Travel
The participants are required to confirm their participation by sending the Pre-Registration Form (PRF) addressed to Mr. Joey G. Pelaez, DepEd-CSCA, Executive Director, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through telefax no.: (02) 631-8495 or (02) 636-3603, or send through email address: cscaportal cr gmail.com on or before September 30, 2011.