started to melt the plastic housing and smoking.
" I started my g.e.microwave mdl # 69-8DE04580-087015 and inside on the left top it started to melt the plastic housing and started smoking. " " i have never put anything made of metal in this microwave. " " The microwave quit working after 3-4 seconds. " " What do you think is the problem ? "
These things are so dangerous to work on that one one here will touch them. Most of us recommend just replacing them.
"Ours did the same thing. Made a loud noise and started smoking inside.
When the smoke cleared the plastic inside on the top right was partially melted... my guess is it's toast.."