There are a few things you can do as a shipper to keep a positive working relationship with your carrier.
1. Put the interests of everyone involved first. This can be achieved by collaborating with the carrier to identify the optimal freights and shipping routes. Working together with the carrier makes it feasible to expand the network's profitability. It strengthens the connection.
2. Keep your promise to the carriers. Only if you keep your promises to the carrier will they be able to keep theirs to you. It is crucial that only accurate data be provided because carriers frequently base their prices on the data provided. Additionally, make sure that you ship in the lanes and tonnages that you promise.
3. Show kindness. Regarding the sharing opportunities that present themselves, this. Everyone will ultimately gain from a fair deal if you first present new opportunities to your carrier partner.
4. Have a plan to begin with. Make sure that you begin every new partnership with a plan in order to avoid a bumpy beginning that could damage an otherwise successful relationship. Give the carrier plenty of time to set up their system and prepare to accept new lanes and freights.
5. Get all necessary information. Your data throughout the bidding process will play a significant role in how prepared the carrier is in terms of freight characteristics and location, as well as seasonal changes in volume. It is crucial that you include monthly volume in addition to tonnage and lane data, as well as percentages of the freight characteristic.
6. Keep the channels of communication open. It's always a good idea to review options, performance measures, and new services when trying to improve connections. Consider meeting with carriers on a regular basis to discuss the issues that are most important to your company as a shipper. You can develop plans to cut costs and enhance the company using such sessions. The relationship between the shipper and the carrier is only strengthened by joint effort and regular communication.
7. Make use of technology. Making it simple for the carriers to transfer the data you require is just as important as expecting real-time data about your shipments from them. Select programming options that provide them with an efficient and precise method of transferring the data you require. You can choose from a wide variety of technical tools to enhance the business and relationship."""