1. update Mathematics educators and specialists on the current trends and issues concerning Mathematics Education and research;
2. identify appropriate and effective teaching and research approaches which can be utilized in the appreciation of Mathematics;
3. help strengthen the commitment of Mathematics educators in promoting understanding, interest, and appreciation of Mathematics;
4. serve as an avenue for mathematics teachers, teacher educators, and researchers to work together and share their knowledge in teaching approaches and researches which could contribute to an improved Mathematics Education in the country and throughout the world; and
5. inform Mathematics teachers and researchers about the current pedagogical innovations and curricular issues, and how these can affect their teaching and research activities.
The target participants to this activity are Mathematics teacher educators and researchers, Mathematics teachers, supervisors, and administrators from both public and private schools.
Participation of both public and private schools shall be subject to the no-disruption-of-classes policy as stipulated in DepEd Order No. 9, s. 2005 entitled Instituting Measures to Increase Engaged Time-on-Task and Ensuring Compliance Therewith.
More information may be inquired from any of the following:
The Philippine Council of Mathematics Teacher Educators (MATHTED), Inc.
Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU)
Katipunan Road, Loyola Heights
Telephone Nos.: (034) 426-6002 local 5680-83
Telefax No.: (034) 426-6125
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Address: www.mathted.weebly.com
Dr. Alva Aberin
Rosemarievic V. Diaz. Ph.D.
President, MATHTED, Inc.
Email Addresses: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Angela Fatima H. Guzon, Ph.D.
Email Addresses: mathted20 email@example.com aguzon@ateneo. edu
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Roger Marapo
Email Address: email@example.com