To be eligible to file chapter 7 bankruptcy for debt relief, you must meet the eligibility requirements. Chapter 7 bankruptcy is available to:
- The debtor or an individual who earns less than the state's average income - The person must reside in the United States
Not all debts are dischargeable under Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Debts eligible for discharge include:
- Credit cards - Personal loans - Leasing - Repossession shortfalls
- Guaranties - Negligence allegations
- Auto accident claims - Business obligations
The following obligations cannot be discharged in Chapter 7 bankruptcy:
- Unscheduled debts - Criminal fines or restitution - Debts incurred as a result of fraud or intoxicated driving
- Recent taxation
- Family or child support
- Student financing - Taxes on trust funds
- Debts that were enumerated in a previous bankruptcy where the debtor was denied a discharge. - Penalties that need to be paid to the government in addition to taxes. - Automobile accident claims that include intoxication.
Here is a detailed explanation of how Chapter 7 bankruptcy aids in debt relief:
Provides relief from collector harassment: The court notifies creditors and collection agencies of the bankruptcy filing. Creditors or debt collectors should cease all contact with you immediately. However, if they continue to contact and harass you, the court orders the creditor to pay your legal fees.
Filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy automatically halts your mortgage's foreclosure process. Nonetheless, a mortgage lender may also ask the court to lift the automatic stay.
After obtaining a court order, certain liens are eliminated by filing chapter 7 bankruptcy. In addition, you can eliminate federal income tax debts under Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Eliminates community debts: The court releases the divorcees from all dischargeable community debts. Ex-spouse is responsible for all outstanding debts. Simply, your debts are transferred to your ex-spouse.
Filing for bankruptcy is a significant decision that should be made with great care. You should be familiar with the fundamentals and seek guidance from a bankruptcy attorney throughout the procedure.""
" - https://www.affordablecebu.com/