The celebration will be highlighted with the conduct of the Urban Pest Management and Food Safety Conference with the theme "Implementing Effective Urban Pest Management and Food Safety Program is Essential in Nation Building,” on September 28, 2012 at the Pugad Lawin Hall, Quezon City Sports Club, Inc., E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue, Quezon City.
The Conference aims to:
- promote self-reliance and sustainability in the local urban pest control industry to prevent importation which would lead to a strong Filipino nation;
- update the participants on the different urban pest control and enviro-related technologies which are locally available but proven effective against common urban pests; and
- share with them the importance of alternative fuels recycled from organic wastes for use in the food industry.
The target participants to this activity are:
- staff of food manufacturers/restaurants/supermarkets/malls/hotels/ related establishments;
- officers of government agencies/local government units (LGUs/ nongovernment organizations (NGOs) concerned on food safety, public health and property protection; and
- urban PCOs/CPAs, entemologists/medical officers/nurses; sanitarians and waste management, practitioners; and public and private academe including students.
For more information, all concerned may contact:
The National Committee on Urban Pest Control2461 Arellano Avenue, Malate, ManilaTelefax No. (02) 484-0208E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite Address: www.ncupc.org