Home » Articles » Legal Advice

Applying for TIN...

Applying for TIN
" I am a college student and I applied for a job in a fast food chain so that I can save up for my tuition fee. My friends and I submitted our requirements and we were fortunate to have been hired. The manager asked for my TIN (Tax Identification Number) but I do not have one yet and I do not know where I am supposed to get this. Please advise me on what I should do. Can my mother apply for me? Will I have to pay in order to get this? Melanie Dear Melanie,I admire your desire to work in order to earn money which will help you pay for your education. Since you were already hired, it is important for you to submit all the documentary requirements so as to avoid having any problems relative to your employment. As you have mentioned, you are being required to provide the company with your Tax Identification Number or TIN. This is a common prerequisite as all employees are required to pay appropriate taxes, unless you are exempted from paying the same. Given that you have not been previously issued a TIN, you may apply for the registration thereof in order for your company to properly remit your tax obligations to the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR).Application for registration of Tax Identification Number will not cost you any amount as said application is free of charge. In order for you to register, you have the option of registering online or applying personally before the office of the Bureau of Internal Revenue. Should you choose to register online, you may do this or you can have your mother do it for you, provided she knows all the basic information about you which may be asked. This is very convenient because you can do it at home if you have a computer and internet connection. You or your mother must visit this website: https://www.bir.gov.ph, and click on the option on BIR Online Registration System. Simply provide for all the required information which may be requested from you.On the other hand, should you wish to apply personally, you may visit the Revenue District Office (RDO) of the Bureau of Internal Revenue where your employer is registered. You must ask for BIR Form 1902 which is the application for registration for individuals earning purely compensation income. You must completely fill up the application form and submit it to the proper RDO together with the photocopies of the following: (a) Birth certificate or any valid identification card showing complete name, address, birth date and signature (b) Marriage contract, if applicable (c) Waiver of husband to claim additional exemption, if applicable (d) Birth certificate of dependent, if applicable (e) Employment certificate or valid company ID with picture and signature, if available. The officer in charge will assign a TIN in your favor which you will use for all your BIR transactions. Please be reminded that a person may only use one TIN.Application for other Tax Identification Number under the same name is punishable under the National Internal Revenue Code.We hope that we were able to answer your queries. Please be reminded that this advice is based solely on the facts you have narrated and our appreciation of the same. Our opinion may vary when other facts are changed or elaborated.Editor’s note: Dear PAO is a daily column of the Public Attorney’s Office. Questions for Chief Acosta may be sent to dearpao@manilatimes.net or via text message ( key in: Times dearpao and send to 2299)"

Please support us in writing articles like this by sharing this post

Share this post to your Facebook, Twitter, Blog, or any social media site. In this way, we will be motivated to write articles you like.

--- NOTICE ---
If you want to use this article or any of the content of this website, please credit our website (www.affordablecebu.com) and mention the source link (URL) of the content, images, videos or other media of our website.

"Applying for TIN" was written by Mary under the Legal Advice category. It has been read 18 times and generated 0 comments. The article was created on and updated on 14 September 2021.
Total comments : 0