The Program aims to equip the teacher with:
- knowledge of theories and principles in Multilingual Education (MLE);
- sufficient repertoire of methods and techniques in teaching language from the MLE classroom;
- various means of adapting and developing materials for MLE;
- techniques for designing and implementing MLE lessons;
- the capability to do classroom research in the MLE classroom; and
- varied means of assessing learning in the MLE classroom.
The Program is open to applicants seeking admission to the graduate program for the M.A. Ed. with specialization in MLE must be an AB/BS English/History degree holder; BSE/BSESE major in English/Filipino/Reading graduate with General Point Average (GPA) of 2.0/85% or better.
For more information, interested applicants may contact any of the following:
The DeanCollege of Languages, Linguistics and LiteraturePhilippine Normal University (PNU)Taft Avenue, ManilaTelefax No.: (02) 527-0365The Chair/HeadDepartment of Linguistics, Bilingual Education and LiteratureCollege of Languages, Linguistics and LiteraturePhilippine Normal University (PNU)Taft Avenue, ManilaTelephone No.: (02) 400-1195