The Conference aims to:
- promote to the participants the lesson study as a professional development model to enhance the capability of teachers in implementing the Science and Mathematics Curricula of the K to 12 Basic Education Program;
- promote to them the teaching of Science through inquiry and the teaching of Mathematics through problem solving in lesson study;
- provide them with a forum for discussing lesson study and sharing of experiences and research results related to lesson study; and
- initiate a local network on lesson study.
Elementary and high school Science and Mathematics teachers, faculty of teacher education institutions, graduate students, principals, supervisors and superintendents, curriculum developers, and researchers are invited to submit one-page abstracts of researches, posters, and proposals for discussion group topics/issues related to any of the following sub-themes:
- collaborative lesson planning;
- ICT tools and strategies;
- teaching Mathematics through problem solving; and
- inquiry-based Science teaching.
Participation of both public and private schools shall be subject to the no-disruption-of-classes policy as stipulated in DepEd Order No. 9, s. 2005 entitled Instituting Measures to Increase Engaged Time-on-Task and Ensuring Compliance Therewith.
For more information, concerned participants may contact:
The Conference Secretariat
University of the Philippines National Institute for Science and
Mathematics Education Development (UP NISMED)
Dolores F. Hernandez Hall, UP Campus
Diliman, Quezon City
Telephone Nos.: (02) 927-4276; (02) 928-1563 extension 212/111; (02) 981-8500 local 3901 to 3910 extension 212/111 Telefax No.: (02) 928-3545
Email Addresses: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Address: http: //www.nismed.upd.ph /ncsme2013