We cannot underestimate its importance in bridging the gap of many Filipinos in terms of money transfer. We know how it serves as a bridge of many OFWs to send money to their families in the Philippines.
On other hand, we, as a customer, must also know our responsibility, the terms and conditions of M. Lhuillier Kwarta Padala.
Aren't you aware of the most frequently asked and useful questions such as...?
- Is a person below 18 years old (minor) qualified to send or receive money in M Lhuillier?
- Does M. Lhuillier Kwarta Padala accept bank check for money transfer?
- Does M. Lhuillier has the option to give check to the receiver?
- What to do if you forgot the password made by the sender of money?
- After the money was sent by the sender, how many hours you should wait to pickup the money?
- Are there any charges if the sender chooses to cancel his/her transaction?
These questions will be answered one by one as you read the ML Kwarta Padala Terms and Conditions below. Take note of the underlined statements.
M Lhuillier (ML) Kwarta Padala Terms and Conditions (Money Transfer)
1. ML Kwarta Padala transaction is available in most M. Lhuillier or ML Kwarta Padala branches nationwide. The sender must ascertain that there is a branch near his/her receiver where the latter can claim the money.
2. The sender must be personally present, must be of legal age, must submit a valid ID, must comply with the KYC and the Costumer Information Sheet and must subscribe to the AMLC rules and regulations and other applicable laws in making the transaction.
3. The sender must write the full name of the receiver including the full middle name in the Customer Information Sheet or the MLKP form. Should the sender fail to give the full middle name of the receiver, it shall be considered a waiver on his part to include this information in verifying the transaction, MLhuillier shall not be held liable for any paid transaction to a receiver whose full middle name information was waived by the sender. Incorrect spelling of the receiver's name(s) may cause delay in paying out the transaction.
4. The sender's receiver must have a valid ID
(according to M. Lhuillier's list of standard Ids). If the receiver is a minor, he/she can only receive the money provided said minor is a relative of the sender to the 4th civil degree or a godchild, or a recognized ward or beneficiary of the sender
or whose relationship with the sender is such that it does not violate the Child Trafficking Law. The said minor receiver must still comply with the identification requirements mentioned herein and must present document proving the relationship up to the 4th civil degree as contemplated above. The aforementioned requirements must be relayed by the sender to the receiver and the sender obligates to meet his/her duties to relay said information.
5. ML Kwarta Padala accepts only cash (Philippine Pesos) for processing money transfers and the receiver is paid in cash (Philippine Pesos) at the payout location.
6. The sender may add a message to the transaction. However, the message must not be of such a nature that contractual obligations arise thereof between the sender and the receiver. If such is the case, the sender absolves M. Lhuillier from any liability or responsibility arising from the failure of the delivery of the message.
7. The sender may also add a Password as an added security to the transaction. The receiver must be able to answer the password writing the same in the Customer Information Sheet. M. Lhuillier shall not be liable for not releasing the money due to the failure of the receiver to give the correct password despite the fact that he/she has fully complied with the identification requirements.
8. The sender must relay to the receiver all requirements and information needed in claiming the money.
9. The sender and the receiver may be notified of the status of the transaction via SMS provided their cellular phone numbers were furnished by the sender to M. Lhuillier. There is no extra charges for this feature, however, should there be a failure in notifying the receiver for any reason whatsoever, M. Lhuillier shall no be liable for the failure in the information.
10. The money is available for personal pickup in any M. Lhuillier branch nationwide, usually after an hour it was sent, subject to the hours of operation of the selected payout branch including closures without prior notices, its telecommunications facility, its connectivity to the MLKP system, and other conditions, including but not limited to, power and telecommunications failure, computer or gadgets failure, inclement weather and the like.
11. In cases where the selected sendout or payout branch happens to be a "non online" branch, the time when the transaction information is available in the MLKP system and its retrieval thereof may vary according to the communications facility of the said selected branch. A "not online" branch is that which does not have direct access to the MLKP system.
12. The receiver must be personally present, must submit a valid ID, must comply with the KYC form and the Customer Information Sheet and must subscribe to the AMLC rules and regulations and other applicable laws in making the transaction.
13. In claiming the money, the receiver must write his/her full name including his/her full middle name, the name of the sender's address, the approximate amount of the money to be received, the password (if any) and the relationship of the sender to the receiver (if the receiver is a minor).
14. Should the sender decide to cancel his/her transaction, he/she must submit a written request to MLhuillier Inc. (MLI) for the cancellation of the said transaction. MLI will refund the principal amount of the money transfer only. MLI will refund the charges upon written request of the sender only if the money transfer is not available to the recipient within seven (7) days from the time it was sent. To the extend allowed by the law, MLI may deduct a service fee of FIVE HUNDRED PESOS (P500) per month from money transfers that are not picked up after one month from the time it was sent.
15. Changes to the original entries of the sendout may be made only be the sender upon personally presenting a written request and payment of the additional charges. Published additional charges may change without prior notice. Said changes shall be processed by MLI immediately after the request was made and the transaction shall be made available in the system subject, however to telecommunications failure in the branch or some technical problems that may arise. Should the change be made in a branch other that the branch where the transaction was originally made, the sender must present the valid ID which he/she presented in the original sendout branch for verification purposes. And if the said other branch happens to be a "not online" branch, the sender must present, together with the said valid ID, the duplicate copy of his sendout form.
16. In no event shall MLI or any of its agents be liable for damages for delay, nonpayment or underpayment of this money transfer, or non-delivery of any supplemental message, whether caused by negligence on the part of its employees or agents or otherwise, or unpublished closure of the intended payout branch of the receiver beyond the sum of FIVE THOUSAND PESOSO (P5,000), addition to refunding the principal amount of the money transfer and the service fee, in no event will MLI or its agents be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages.
17. MLI and its agents may not accept process or pay any money transfer that any of them determines, in their sole discretion, to be in violation of any MLI policy or applicable law.