|Home » Articles » Philippine Government|
How to Register as a Voter in the Philippines?
1. First, you must ask yourself, "Am I qualified to vote?". Here are the qualifications for a person permitted to vote in the Philippines:
2. Bring your valid ID (at least one). Here's a list of valid ID's that are accepted:
If you're married and both you and your spouse wanted to register, you can bring just a copy of your marriage certificate.
3. With your valid ID at hand, go to the COMELEC Office (Commission on Elections). If you do not know where the COMELEC office is located, just ask your neighbor or any of your Baranggay officers. They will be pleased to let you know.
4. Inside the COMELEC office, be courteous and ask anybody that you want to register as a voter. They will then ask some questions and they will give you Registration Forms (in three copies). You need to fill them out in three copies. Why three copies? One copy for Election Officer, one copy for Provincial File and one copy for Central File. You need to write eligibly (clearly).
Aside from the personal data, some of the information you need to provide are the following:
You can download a copy of the Voter's Registration Form. [ Click the link download ]
Here a snapshot of the Voter's Registration Form:
5. Review your write-up. Make sure the required fields are filled-out. Then submit these forms to the COMELEC staff/officer. They will check and verify all the information you write. The information will be encoded on their computer. They will capture an image of your face through webcam. That's why you don't need to bring and submit ID pictures. They will also capture your fingerprints through a Biometric fingerprint scanner. Your also going to thumbprint (left and right thumb) on the Voter's Registration Form. This will get you messy.
6. Then, don't forget to get an Acknowledgement Receipt and a copy of your Precinct Number where you are going to vote.
Tips and Suggestions
Do you want to register as a voter in the Philippines? Do you have any problem registering in COMELEC?
"How to Register as a Voter in the Philippines?" was written by admin under the Philippine Government category. It has been read times and generated 0 comments. The article was created on .
|Total comments: 0|