Philippines is a sovereign state in Southeast Asia in the western Pacific Ocean. It ranks in the top 20 most populated countries in the world.
We based our figures below according to the estimate of the Commission on Population (POPCOM) of the Philippines and the Central Intelligence Agency(CIA), a US Government agency responsible for providing national security intelligence to senior US policymakers.
The real-time projected population of the Philippines according to the Commission on Population (POPCOM) is:
We must also be aware of the total number of unregistered children/people in the Philippines (especially those who are living on the very remote areas in the Philippines). Therefore, the estimated figure might be lower than the real total number of population of the Philippines.
According to the Commission on Population (POPCOM) of the Philippines, the estimated total population of the Philippines this year 2014 (January 2) is 98,909,981. It still ranks as the 12th most populated countries in the Philipines.
Likewise, the total estimated population of the Philippines in year 2013 according to the CIA is about 105,720,644 (July 2013 estimate).
It ranked as the 12th most populated country in the world.
According to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the estimated total population of the Philippines in 2012 is about 103,775,002.
Total Population of the Philippines 2012
Almost 104 million people are living in the Philippines. Compared to the population of other countries, Philippines ranks as the 12th most populated country in the world and China as being the undisputed no. 1 most populated country.
Interesting Facts About the Philippine Population
Other demographical information provided by the CIA (based on 2012 estimate) are the following:
- 34.6% of people in the Philippines is composed of 0 to 14 years old (17,999,279 male and 17,285,040 female)
- 61.1% of people in the Philippines is composed of 15-64 years old (31,103,967 male and 31,097,203 female)
- 4.3% are 65 years old and over (1,876,805 male and 2,471,644 female)
- Population growth rate is 1.873% (2012 estimate), which makes the Philippines ranks as the 63rd country with highest population growth rate in the world.
- Manila is the most populated city in the Philippines with 11.449 million people. Next is Davao City with 1.48 million people, Cebu City with 845,000 people and Zamboanga City with 827,000 people (based on 2009 estimated population)
Major Ethnic Groups in the Philippines
The population of the Philippines is mainly composed of ten major ethnic groups:
- Hiligaynon or Ilonggo
- Muslims (Moros)
According to CIA, Tagalog is the largest ethnic group which allocates 28.1% of the total population.
Population of the Philippines (Year 2000 to
(Source: National Statistics Office