Stolen Water Meter Problems in Cebu, Philippines? Follow the procedures below
STEPS TO DO WHEN YOUR WATER METER IS STOLEN
- Report the incident to the nearest Police Station/Precinct. Bring your Water Bills (latest water bill is recommended but not required).
- Get a copy of the Police Report or Police Blotter and bring it to the MCWD office together with the water bill and the sketch of your house/building where the water meter is stolen.
- If the stealing incident happened on Saturday, Sunday or holiday, and you did not get yet the Police report/blotter, just go to the MCWD office. The MCWD Call Center is open everyday even on holidays to receive reports and complaints especially from the victims of stolen water meter (water meter thief).
- MCWD Contact/Telephone Number: (032) 254-8434 to 39
- MCWD Cebu Main Office Address: Cor. Magallanes - Lapulapu Sts., Cebu City
- Your next thing to do is to secure or get a waiver.
- What is a waiver? A waiver is a temporary equivalent of Police Report/Blotter while you are securing or getting the needed documents (the actual Police Report/Blotter and the water bill). The waiver is required for an immediate installation of water meter in your house/building.
- What are written in the waiver? In the waiver, the following agreement/contract information are being indicated:
- As a consumer, you promise to submit the needed documents (Police Report/Blotter) on the date being set. Submission of this document is within 1 week only.
- If you didn't meet or secure the required documents within the duration of time, you give MCWD the right to charge a cost of the water meter as a payment through monthly installments and this cost will be added to the monthly water bill of the MCWD.
- In the date that the MCWD installation committee will install the water meter, you are required to provide them the latest MCWD water bill. If no latest MCWD water bill provided, the water meter will not be installed.
- Signature of the complainant/authorized person owner of the stolen water meter.