In line with the "Clean, Green and Eco-Friendly Policy" which was implemented in the 2011 Palarong Pambansa on May 8-14, 2011 at Dapitan City, the Department of Education (DepEd) reiterates the said policy as contained in DepEd Memorandum No. 97, s. 2011, to wit:
a. All participants, athletes, members of the executive, working, technical and other related committees are enjoined to adhere to the clean, green and eco-friendly measures that the DepEd intends to implement during the conduct of the 2012 Palarong Pambansa;
b. The Regional Directors shall be responsible and accountable for the implementation and enforcement of the following measures in their respective regions, teams and/or delegations other than their usual roles and functions during the conduct of the Palaro,:
- Promote environmentally sound methods which maximize the utilization of valuable resources and encourage resource conservation and recovery by:
- Directing all the athletes, chaperones, coaches, trainers, participants and officials of their respective delegations to bring and use their own plates and kitchen utensils instead of using Styrofoam and other plastic materials; and
- Ensuring the proper segregation, collection, transport, storage, treatment and disposal of solid wastes through the formulation and adoption of the best environmental practice in ecological waste management excluding incineration or the burning of garbage.
- Encourage cooperation and self-regulation and instill among the pupils and students the values of discipline, responsibility, and environment consciousness, other than the values inherent in sports, by:
- Appointing a Room and/or Bus Beadle during the Palaro who shall be tasked to perform the following duties and responsibilities in addition to their usual assignments:
- Assist in keeping attendance records of the pupils, students, officials and other participants of the
- Palaro assigned to the classroom occupied and/or bus used by the delegation;
- Take charge of the safety and security of all the personal belongings and effects of all those present and/or assigned to the classroom or bus;
- Organize a team and devise a scheme in cleaning the surroundings, including the boards, walls, toilets and other areas inside the classroom and/or bus used by the delegation at the end of each Palaro day;
- Report vandalism, damage to properties, losses and obliteration of properties committed inside the classroom and/or bus used by the delegation; and
- Perform other related tasks to be assigned by the Regional Director.
- 1st Offense - Deduction of five (5) points from the over-all scores obtained by the region, team or delegation in the national ranking of winners;
- 2nd Offense - Deduction of ten (10) points from the over-all scores obtained by the region, team or delegation in the national ranking of winners;
- 3rd Offense - Deduction of fifteen (15) points from the over-all scores obtained by the region, team or delegation in the national ranking of winners;
- 4th Offense - Deduction of twenty (20) points from the over-all scores obtained by the region, team or delegation in the national ranking of winners; and
- 5th Offense - The Secretary, in consultation with the Palarong Pambansa Board, shall consider the suspension of the region, team or delegation in the succeeding year of the Palaro.
The National Palarong Pambansa Evaluation Committee, under the direct supervision of Assistant Secretary Tonisito M.C. Umali, Esq., Secretary-General, 2012 Palarong Pambansa, shall monitor each regional delegation in the implementation of the aforementioned provisions.