The Department of Education (DepEdD), through the Health and Nutrition Center (HNC) will hold the National School Health and Nutrition Congress
the theme "Bridging the Gaps Between Health and Education Through the
Strengthened Integrated School Health and Nutrition Program (ISHNP)
December 5-9, 2011 to be held at the Benitez Hall, Teachers Camp, Baguio
The Congress aims to:
- present the current health and nutrition status of the school children in public elementary and secondary schools;
- identify and develop solutions to bridge the gaps between health and education;
- discuss the Strengthened Integrated School Health and Nutrition Program 2011-2016; and
- enhance the participants' capacities on school health and nutrition promotion through interactive sessions and sharing of best practices.
Cognizant of the benefits which the health and nutrition personnel will gain from the Congress, the following officials shall attend the Congress on official business:
- Regional Level
- Chief, Health and Nutrition Unit
- Medical/ Officers in Regions VI, VII and VIII
- Regional Supervising Dentist
- Nutritionist-Dietitians I and II
- Other health personnel detailed in the region
- Division Level
- Head, Health and Nutrition Section
- Dentist in-charge
- Nurse in-charge
- Dental Aide in-charge
- Divisions with no health personnel may send their Education Supervisors (ES-I) on Health and/or Nutrition
Each participant will be charged Three Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (PhP3,500.00) as payment for registration fee to cover expenses for foods, handouts, kits and workshop supplies and materials. The transportation expenses and other incidental expenses of participants shall be charged to local funds subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. Any proceeds for registration fee shall be used for the honoraria of guests speakers, facilitators, moderators, and working committees, and other expenses relative to the conduct of the congress. Lodging will be charged to the HNC (A.II.e.I) funds provided in the Government Appropriations Act (GAA) subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
The participants are expected to check in after lunch on December 5
and check out after breakfast on December 9, 2011
. The first meal to be served is dinner on December 5, 2011
. Enclosed is the program of activities.
6. It is requested that each region shall submit the list/names of participants to the HNC on or before November 23, 2011
For more information, please contact Dr. Maria Corazon C. Dumlao
, Officer-in-Charge (OIC), HNC, DepEd Central Office, 5/F Mabini Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos.: (02) 637-5504, (02) 638-8525, (02) 470¬1582 and mobile phone no.: 0917-812-0166 or send a message through e-mail address: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download 2011 National School Health and Nutrition Congress Program of Activities
--- NOTICE ---
If you want to use this article or any of the content of this website, please credit our website (www.affordablecebu.com) and mention the source link (URL) of the content, images, videos or other media of our website.
"2011 National School Health and Nutrition Congress"
was written by Mary
under the Health
category. It has been read 2147
times and generated 0
comments. The article was created on 18 November 2011
and updated on 18 November 2011