Home » Articles » Legal Advice

Get a lawyer to prepare real property deed of absolute sale...

Get a lawyer to prepare real property deed of absolute sale
"I need your help. My wife and I were formerly Filipino citizens and are now citizens of the United States of America by naturalization and ready to retire. We want to go back to the Philippines. We are trying to buy a residential lot there to build our retirement home. What are the requirements for us to acquire this residential lot? We are trying to make a deed of sale on our own. Where could I copy or see a deed of sale so we could finalize the sale? Please do advise me. Thank you very much. ArnaldoDear Arnaldo, Although you and your wife are already naturalized citizens of the United States of America, the two of you can still acquire a residential lot in the Philippines provided that both of you will comply with the following guidelines set forth in Batas Pambansa Bilang 185, to wit:1. Any natural-born citizen of the Philippines who has lost his Philippine citizenship and who has the legal capacity to enter into a contract under Philippine laws may be a transferee of a private land up to a maximum area of one thousand square meters, in the case of urban land, or one hectare in the case of rural land, to be used by him as his residence. In the case of married couples, one of them may avail of the privilege herein granted Provided, That if both shall avail of the same, the total area acquired shall not exceed the maximum herein fixed. In case the transferee already owns urban or rural lands for residential purposes, he shall still be entitled to be a transferee of additional urban or rural lands for residential purposes which, when added to those already owned by him, shall not exceed the maximum areas herein authorized (Section 2) 2. A transferee under this Act may acquire not more than two lots which should be situated in different municipalities or cities anywhere in the Philippines Provided, That the total area thereof shall not exceed one thousand square meters in the case of urban lands or one hectare in the case of rural lands for use by him as urban land shall be disqualified from acquiring rural land, and vice versa (Section 3).3. In addition to the requirements provided for in other laws for the registration of titles to lands, no private land shall be transferred under this Act, unless the transferee shall submit to the register of deeds of the province or city where the property is located a sworn statement showing the date and place of his birth the names and addresses of his parents, of his spouse and children, if any the area, the location and the mode of acquisition of his land-holdings in the Philippines, if any his intention to reside permanently in the Philippines the date he lost his Philippine citizenship and the country of which he is presently a citizen and such other information as may be required by the Secretary of Justice in accordance Section 8 of the Act (Section 6). 4. The transferee shall not use the lands acquired under this Act for any purpose other than for his residence (Section 7).As to where you can copy or see a sample of a deed of absolute sale of a real property, you may visit the website: http://legal-forms.philsite.net/deed-of-sale.htm. However, we still enjoin you to seek the services of a lawyer in the preparation of a deed of absolute sale of a real property.We hope that we were able to enlighten you on the matter. Please take note however, that all the information contained herein are based on our appreciation of the facts you provided us with. A different legal opinion may be given if other facts not included in your query will be discussed.Editor’s note: Dear PAO is a daily column of the Public Attorney’s Office. Questions for Chief Acosta may be sent to dearpao@manilatimes.net."

Please support us in writing articles like this by sharing this post

Share this post to your Facebook, Twitter, Blog, or any social media site. In this way, we will be motivated to write articles you like.

--- NOTICE ---
If you want to use this article or any of the content of this website, please credit our website (www.affordablecebu.com) and mention the source link (URL) of the content, images, videos or other media of our website.

"Get a lawyer to prepare real property deed of absolute sale" was written by Mary under the Legal Advice category. It has been read 281 times and generated 0 comments. The article was created on and updated on 15 September 2021.
Total comments : 0