The University of the Philippines Economics Society (UP Ecosoc) will conduct the Annual High School Chorale Competition entitled Musikapella 2012 on September 30, 2012 at the Aliw Theater, Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City.
The Competition aims to:
- provide high school students from Metro Manila an avenue to showcase and further enrich their talents;
- promote a healthy spirit of positive competition among them, uphold camaraderie and foster students development; and
- uplift Philippine culture and tourism in recognition of the government’s renewed efforts by making tourism as this year’s theme and subsequently underscore Filipino pride;
- support the Philippine chorale music industry in view of arts and music development by bringing it to a wider audience; and
- increase the competition’s entertainment value and credibility hopes of becoming the premier high school chorale competition.
Fifteen (15) chorale groups from the different public and private high schools in Metro Manila will participate in this competition.
For more information, interested participants may contact any of the following:
Ms. Beatriz BayudanDirector for School Relations – Task Force Committee UP-DilimanMobile Phone No.: 0917-823-2752
Ms. Hannah AlipioChairperson – Task Force Committee UP Economics SocietyUP-DilimanMobile Phone No.: 0917-323-6713
Mr. Kevin EstopaceCo-Chairperson – Task Force CommitteeUP Economics SocietyUP-DilimanMobile Phone No.: 09 17-856-3558