The contest aims to heighten awareness and increase level of participation in DepEd's advocacy or road safety among teachers and school children.
In view of this, schools are encouraged to hold varied launching activities to mark the beginning of the contest. Organizers would like to establish comprehensive documentation of this undertaking as it progresses yearly which covers the term of the National Decade of Action. Three schools, one elementary or secondary school each in Antipolo City, Iloilo City and Davao City shall be considered for special media coverage.
This multi-level contest starts from the school up to the national level. Valuable and exciting prizes await the winners. (Please see attached mechanics of the contest.)
For your information and compliance.
NATIONAL ROAD SAFETY POSTER MAKING CONTEST
1. The contest is open to all public and private school students.
2. The contest has two categories, Elementary and High School for School Year 2012-2013
3. The theme "Road Safety as a Way of Life" must be reflected on the poster as part of the design.
4. All entries must follow the specifications below:
- in the size of a 1/2 illustration board (30 inches by 40 inches);
- in landscape or portrait form;
- use indigenous materials such as wood, dry leaves, bamboo, sand, petals, shells, stones, etc.
Note: Only glue, varnish and fixative material which are deemed necessary to protect the work will be allowed, Artificial or commercial coloring materials are strictly prohibited;
- provide with a photograph of the artwork, an explanation/description of how the student would like to understand the vision behind his/her work and of the materials used; and
5. The selection of winners shall be based on the following criteria:label at the back with the following information: Name, Name of Coach, Complete Address, Barangay, School, Division, Region and Contact Number.
- Originality - 25%
- Relevance to the theme - 25%
- Creativity/Worksmanship - 20%
- Use of Indigenous Materials - 20%
- Visual Impact - 10%
6. The School, Division, Regional and National winners will receive prizes accordingly.
7. The deadline for the submission of entries is on or before June 25, 2012. Entries must be submitted to school heads. Retouching is not allowed after the submission of entries.
8. The decision of the judges is final and non-appealable.
9. Violation of any of the above mentioned is a ground for disqualification in the contest. In case of a disqualified entry, no replacement/substitute entry will be permitted.